TAOR question

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Ok so I just noticed something when debugging the civ Obj module.

Let's say I place a TAOR marker over one city. So the civ obj module for an OPCOM might look like:

TAOR = TAOR MARKER
    Blacklist = nothing

When I debug the civ obj module, no objectives show up on the map that are outside the TAOR Marker area. I always assumed OPCOM would be aware of objectives outside his TAOR, even when not syncing to another OPCOM, but maybe not?

So to compare, let's say I just delete the TAOR marker in the editor and delete the TAOR line from the civ obj module. So it looks identical to the last test in every way, except:

TAOR = nothing
    Blacklist = nothing

Objectives for the civ obj module in debug show up over the entire map.

So the question. If I put a marker into the TAOR section of the civ obj module, is OPCOM aware he has objectives outside the TAOR area? I'm assuming not which is sort of a bummer, especially since nothing at all is blacklisted. Can anyone clarify this? Is TAOR basically designed to blacklist the entire map outside of his TAOR area and they'll never venture outside it no matter how many groups the OPCOM has?

The reason I ask is because in Assymetric mode, the OPCOM can grow his available groups quite a bit. 20 groups can turn into 60 groups pretty fast depending on the settings. I'd always assumed, once the objectives within the TAOR area were occupied with a suitable number of groups, OPCOM would expand outside his TAOR area. But looking at this, I'm guess not, and TAOR basically means "blacklist everything outside the TAOR forever and ever?" If that's the case, I realize I can make him aware of objectives outside his TAOR by syncing him to his enemy's OPCOM obj's, but I'd like to know one way or the other if at all possible.

2. OPCOM only knows about the objectives from the synced objective module(s). The TOAR is basically the opposite of the blacklist for that specific objective module.

3. I appreciate the quick answer.

or Sign Up to reply!