Advice please

1. 6 years ago

Hi guys

I'm an Arma Veteran from the early flashpoint days and an ex infantry UK Soldier in real life! New to Alive but not to the editor. I'm very interested in real life scenarios! I'm lookin advice on how to set up spec op scenarios like hostage rescue and small raids etc. I'm using RHS, cup, ASIR and Ace on the Fata map. I only need to populate one town with civpop and enemy. Which modules would be best suited to my needs. And is there any tips or other advice to guide me.

Cheers

G

2. Hi there! Thanks for your service!

For something small scale like this, to populate the enemy AO, place a marker over the village and name it. Let's say it's called AO.

Place ALiVE Required and Virtual AI modules down. Don't sync them to anything.

Then place the Military AI Commander module. Write your faction in the force faction line (if you're not sure what the faction name is, right click on any unit from that faction and go to the config viewer and scroll down to "faction.").

Place a Military AI Commander Civilian Objective and Military AI Commander Military Objective module. In both, write your faction in the force faction line. In the TAOR section, write your marker name (AO). This will make sure groups only spawn within the marker area.

Sync both of these objective modules to the Commander module.

To spice things up, place a CQB module not synced to anything. Define the faction and the TAOR like you did above. This will populate units inside buildings.

For civs, place down a Civilian Placement and Civilian Population module unsynced. Define the civilian faction and the TAOR.

For specific tasks, you could use the tasking in the C2ISTAR module but for something very specific in a specific area, you're probably better off hand crafting it yourself.

One thing to keep in mind, is ALiVE doesn't populate small areas to the gills. You may need to manually add some groups in the area to taste (if you want the AI Commander to control them, sync the group leader to the Virtual AI module).

Also note, for small TAOR's, it's very possible it might not contain civilian or especially military objects. Before using either of these objective modules I mentioned above, place then and turn on debug in the module and make sure in game you see debug markers for each within the AO. If not, lower the filtering settings in each module. If still nothing shows up in debug, make the AO larger, or change the AO, or get rid of the module that doesn't have any objectives (which will probably be the Military objective one, but you'll have to see and play around with it a bit).

3. Friznit

28 Apr 2017 Administrator

Hi Irish. H&V has pretty much covered the technicalities. The important point to note is in the last couple of paragraphs - ALiVE is best treated as a tool for creating a background operational level scenario. I find you can get the best out of it by dropping a few modules as outlined above then building up the detail around your specific mission objectives with hand placed AI.

At it's very simplest, you could strongpoint a building in a town with sandbags, wire and wriggly tin, then drop a CQB module to populate the place with AI in all the enterable buildings. That'd give a pretty tough AUC op with a decent objective to assault at the end.

(Ex-cav here btw. Bringing a touch of class to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl! ;) )

4. Great advice lads! Exactly what I was looking for!looks like my wife will be watching chic flicks alone tonight! Haha

or Sign Up to reply!