Question about Insurgent Installations

1. 6 years ago

I was wondering how to remove an insurgent installation such as a cache or an IED factory, recruitment center etc. Is it linked to destroying the building itself or the supplies?

2. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

The building.

Highhead and I went through this in great detail (I was confused because some seemed to be not able to be destroyed). If that's happening to you, use a fuck ton more explosives. :)

I noticed some buildings comprise of multiple models, so sometimes a building will look destroyed but won't actually be.

In SP, put this in your debug console and back up because well, BOOM!:

cursortarget setdamage 1

This will fully destroy whatever you are looking at. :)

I believe he may have added some kind of check for non-destructible buildings (such as on Tanoa) but I'm not totally sure TBH. Just use a decent amount of explosives and the HQ's will go away.

3. Thanks! Yea thats what I thought and was wondering if its changed at all haha. Also for blacklisting locations, that prevents units from spawning there but not the objectives and such within it? If you have a faction set to a TAOR on occupation and use the TAOR marker for another faction as a blacklist it will just prevent the units from spawning in there but they will still identify the objectives within the blacklist correct?

4. @Opendome Thanks! Yea thats what I thought and was wondering if its changed at all haha. Also for blacklisting locations, that prevents units from spawning there but not the objectives and such within it? If you have a faction set to a TAOR on occupation and use the TAOR marker for another faction as a blacklist it will just prevent the units from spawning in there but they will still identify the objectives within the blacklist correct?

No.

Think of TAOR as the polar opposite of blacklist. You can see this in debug actually.

So let's say you put a marker down. Then you put the name of that marker as a civ/mil obj TAOR. For that module, if synced to OPCOM, units will only be aware of objectives within that TAOR marker and nothing else.

If you need them aware of objectives outside of the TAOR, place another of the same obj modules down, and blacklist TAOR. Make it objectives only if you don't want units to spawn.

5. Edited 6 years ago by Opendome

I dont think I explained myself very well haha

So I have one faction set on occupy within a TAOR so I want them to spawn within there and maintain those objectives. I then have another commander down in asymmetric and instead of assigning it another TAOR I used the previous TAOR from the first faction as a blacklist so asymmetric units dont spawn in the occupied commanders zone. I have the commanders both synced to their respective MIL/CIV placement modules and the opposing MIL/CIV placement modules. Now will the asymmetric commander identify the objectives within the TAOR of the occupy commander which I used as a blacklist to prevent asymmetric units from spawning all over the map.

basically will a commander recognize objectives in an area it is blacklisted for?

6. I did some testing and Im pretty sure if a commander gets an area blacklisted they dont see any objectives in it. Does applying a TAOR to an insurgent faction in asymmetric affect how the commander functions?

7. Ok I see now. Pretty sure even though you blacklisted an area for a Commander in one module, because you synced him to the other, he'll see those objectives.

Easiest way to tell is to debug the objective module you're not sure on, turn on debug for Virtual AI, and fast forward (+ button in SP and SP editor).

If you see the debug markers and profiles move outside their original areas, they see the objectives outside their starting zones.

or Sign Up to reply!