Clarification on Planes/Helis

1. 6 years ago

Good day! Just need a bit of clarification on how to effectively have the virtual ai system to activate the enemy jets and helis I have on my map. Now I have been reading that in order to have the aircraft spawn in that I need to place down a Virtual AI System module "Virtualize only syncd units" and sync them to the ai filled plane/heli, then set my "spawn in" radius.

At the moment I have a Virtual AI System "Virtualize ai except sync'd units" and have that sync'd to all my empty vehicles plus those vehicle respawn modules."

Since I have one virtual ai system module down I can then place another one down and it wont conflict with the other? Or does there have to be only one virtual ai system module placed for everything?

2. Virtual AI gets placed only once.

All that matters for your planes/helis is that you place them manned, make sure they are virtualized, and that their faction is defined in an AI Commander module.

3. Edited 6 years ago by Fletcher

Ok so for the whole map only place one virtual ai system module. This is what my vision is at the moment.

Map: Tanoa"Auto tasking player vs AI"

Factions: AI - (Occupy)RHS Russian"VDV"CIV and MIL, (ASSYMET.)Synidikat"CIV and MIL" ,(Invasion) RHS US Army"CIVand MIL"
    Players are on US side.

In order for my player unmanned vehicles to respawn using the Arma 3 respawn module I have to set my Virtual AI System module to "Virtualize editor placed AI except syncd units".

Ok so now for the enemy Russian jets and helis. My understanding the Virtual AI system module needs to be set at "Virtualize only sync'd units" and then sync the manned Russian jets and helis to the module. for them to be virtualized. Am I correct on that?

I have already a V AI module set to the other setting.

I thought just syncing the jets/helis to the Russian ai commander would virtualize them plus allow the ai commander to use them when needed. ei: like if a player plane was attacking the ground units the ai commander would dispatch a jet to counter the threat. :)

4. I have to learn to read I think "Virtualize editor placed units except sync'd units." Geeze that setting is already there. Sry boss I'm a little slow lol

5. It's ok. I personally use the option to only virtualized synced units. It's easier for me to keep track of things that way and keeps the editor cleaner to look at (with the way I setup my own missions, anyway).

So are you good?

Let me know if not.

6. Ya man thanks yup it's working well now. :)

7. ALiVE is so revolutionary good job on your hard work you guys! Love it!

or Sign Up to reply!