Module Placement & Invasion

1. 6 years ago

Hello,

Not sure if this is something frowned upon, but I'm hoping someone here could help me. I'm working on a mission that takes place in MBG Celle2 which is said to be a supported map. It works for the most part, though I quickly found that most of the small villages don't register as Civilian objectives. So I've used Custom objectives for most of my modules, and then I have working military objectives at each airfield.

What I'm trying to have happen, is the OPFOR Soviet force try and break through across the river and overrun the BLUFOR held areas. My question I think stems from a lack of understanding of the ALiVE system basics.

Does the AI Commander of the invading force go straight for the Objectives of the enemy when set to 'Invasion'? It seems like they might send a few units here and there, but what I want is for them to throw almost their entire force at the objectives. Does the AI first have their units secure all areas in their TAOR before advancing? Would this delay the main attacks that don't seem to ever really come outside of Recon/Probing forces? Here's basically what I've got it setup like now, with BLUFOR set to Occupation and OPFOR set to Invasion. Each dot being a mil/civ/custom objective.

http://i.imgur.com/JT2RKX8.png

Is it better to start the OPFOR group at a single TAOR at the rear of the map and have them work their way across at their own pace? Or does it make sense to have them built up and starting closer to the BLUFOR?

Thanks for any input and help.

2. Edited 6 years ago by BvB

Occupation/Invasion influences proportional tasking rather than direct behavior/strategy. Occupation commanders will task more groups to defensive tasks.

So Invasion should be better for your purpose as it will have fewer units being held back to hold what is taken. Must ensure they have enough units to hold what they begin with (2 groups/ objective IIRC) and take more. Can also play with max simultaneous if there are a lot of objectives/units in the mission. Manually placing some groups at the front lines and synching them to the AI module might also help get things going as you want. :)

3. Thanks BvB, I will try out changing max simultaneous and also placing a few groups down and syncing them to the module!

4. Oops didn't even look at your screenshot.. So with 8 OPFOR objectives they'll 20 ish (16 + any reserves) for what they hold. They will then use 4 groups per attack order. What force size are you using for the mil objectives? Rough guide divide the number by 10 for # of groups it will spawn. The custom objectives IS # of groups though, so you might use that too, spawning more where you want the attack to occur.

5. I'd been using the 'Company 200' size, and then with the Custom Objectives I'd do something that added up to 200 similarly.

Is this number to low for the type of setup I've got?

or Sign Up to reply!