Prevent units from being editable by Zeus

1. 6 years ago

Hi Guys,

Love your mod. Very well thought out and implemented. Also has a huge amount of depth and customization to it. I'm currently trying to implement this into a dynamic mission setup I have going where players are able to use a camera, unit, and resource limited Zeus to spawn in an initial set of troops and vehicles to complete the mission. However, ALiVE adds all units on the map as editable for Zeus which would reveal all their positions to players. Is there a way to completely turn off ALiVE adding any units to Zeus?

Thanks!

2. Friznit

18 Aug 2017 Administrator

This isn't something Alive can control. Zeus can be limited to side only afaik.

3. Thanks for writing back. I was under the impression by default units are not made editable by Zeus unless placed by that Zeus. The only way to make them editable is by calling the addCuratorEditableObjects command.
    See https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Curator#Editable_Objects

If I run a mission without live, nothing on the map shows up as editable in Zeus including units placed by another Zeus. If I have ALiVE modules placed every unit shows up in Zeus including the ambient animals. Given that, I assumed ALiVE was regularly calling addCuratorEditableObjects somewhere for all objects on the map. If this is true, I'd really appreciate having an option to turn it off.

or Sign Up to reply!