War Room weapon stats for new mod

1. 6 years ago

Our group has been using ALiVE for nearly a month now. We're using a relative new mod called SPS-Weapons.
    Interestingly, War Room stats relating to 'Weapon experience' get the name of the weapons from this pack correctly.
    However, any stat relating to kills with these weapons always credits the kill to what ever range finder the player is using.
    As the mod's creator, is there anything I can do to help get the War Room stats updating correctly?
    In addition would there be any interest in me providing UI images?
    Kind regards,
    Steve

2. Tupolov

19 Aug 2017 Administrator

Hey,

Thanks for letting us know. That's a weird one. I'll check it out and get back to you.

Cheers

Tup

3. Tupolov

19 Aug 2017 Administrator

BTW what's your group name on War Room?

4. 161stReconnaissanceRegiment / [161stRR]

5. Tupolov

20 Aug 2017 Administrator

Can you give me the class name and name of these weapons?

Confused, you say the weapon name is correct but it shows the range finder?

For capturing images see here https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/tree/master/utils/tools/WarRoomImageCapture

6. Tupolov

Here's the code we use to capture weapon details

_killerweapon = getText (configFile >> "cfgWeapons" >> (currentweapon _killer) >> "displayName");
    _killerweaponType = currentweapon _killer;
  7. I'm a bit naughty in that I don't have an 'arifle' in the name. But they are along these lines:
    weapons[] = {"SPS_hk417_13_afg_ral8000_F","SPS_hk417_13_afg_black_F","SPS_hk417_13_afg_fde_F", etc.

Thanks for the link for the images - will try to get round to that over the next day or two.

8. Here's some images that show what I was trying to explain:

link text

link text

9. I got the ALiVE image capture mission from here:
    https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/tree/master/utils/tools/WarRoomImageCapture
    However, on trying to open my missions folder to load it, I get the following error:
    link text

10. Tupolov

Hmmm ok. Will take a look.

So i've checked the weapon stuff, its not War Room reporting it incorrectly.

Do these guys make a kill and then switch immediately to their range finders? We're grabbing their current weapon and apparently for those kills they are holding their range finder...

I don't think its your mod, because we are correctly getting kills etc. with the weapons you listed.

11. Tupolov

Edited 6 years ago by Tupolov

Try this mission:

http://db.alivemod.com/ALIVE%2520War%2520Room%2520Image%2520Capture.Render.7z

12. We do have 50:50 chance of AI going unconscious so it's possible the odd one or two AI could die while players have range finders out but I've not seen a single kill associated with these rifles even after doing some CQB stuff. (So no range finder use for quite some time!)
    Could it be related to this post?
    link text

13. Tupolov

21 Aug 2017 Administrator

It could be the ACE issue, where maybe they die some time later and it takes the weapon you have in hand at that point.

I've seen data with kills for those weapons.

"_id": "e3a0b15121d2b39647908f7e92982439",
       "_rev": "1-279d9420fcfb0468b16f327c6c5c6510",
       "realTime": "25/07/2017 21:06:05",
       "Server": "89.163.206.173",
       "Group": "161stRR",
       "Operation": "alive_liberty_test",
       "Map": "lythium",
       "gameTime": "0633",
       "Event": "Kill",
       "KilledSide": "EAST",
       "Killedfaction": "Takistani Army",
       "KilledType": "Asst. AT Rifleman",
       "KilledClass": "Infantry",
       "KilledPos": "029131",
       "KilledGeoPos": [
       ],
       "KillerSide": "WEST",
       "Killerfaction": "British Armed Forces",
       "KillerType": "Marksman (LRR)",
       "KillerClass": "Infantry",
       "KillerPos": "028129",
       "KillerGeoPos": [
       ],
       "Weapon": "HK417A2 16.5 Barrel (AFG) Dark Earth",
       "WeaponType": "SPS_hk417_16_afg_fde_f",
       "Distance": 290,
       "Killed": "O Alpha 1-1:8",
       "Killer": "B Bruiser:4 (Steve) REMOTE",
       "KillerConfig": "CUP_B_BAF_Soldier_scout_WDL",
       "KilledConfig": "CUP_O_TK_Soldier_AAT",
       "Player": "76561198058551062",
       "PlayerName": "Steve",
       "playerGroup": "161stRR",
       "missionTime": 1124
  14. It does seem a bit odd that we've not seen a single mention of this in kills. If I go to the Unit Effectiveness page, there is never a mention of it but everyone who has used these rifles has kills with range finders. All CUP or 3CB weapons seem to work OK though - no one who is using a 3CB rilfe, for example, has a kill credited by way of a range finder.

I'm just having another go with the image capturing at the moment. At least the mission loads this time!

15. So the image capture runs through a series of images but does not generate anything in the exportCfg folder that I've made in the ARMA3 directory

I'm also a bit confused by the last step that says:
    Step 9 Press Select Files button on this page and select all the images in your exportCfg folder

The link where these instructions are just seems to be a github page. I might be blind but I can't see a 'select files' button!

16. Right - it seems downloading the .dll from KillzoneKid's public area does work so I've now got all the images prepared.
    Do you know if I'm allowed to also generate and upload images for 3CB? Given I've now got this setup and working, it seems a shame not to generate more!!!

17. Tupolov

22 Aug 2017 Administrator
    Edited 6 years ago by Tupolov

Hey, great job!

I've also been trying to capture images, but the latest lighting updates seem to have the white Render world images way too bright. Have you got an example image?

Feel free to capture 3CB too and I can upload them.

The select files button on War Room isn't available yet :(

Zip up your images, upload them somewhere and send us the link.

Thanks!

Re: Weapons, I'll take another look, but like I said the data is there.

-image-

18. Edited 6 years ago by Steve_161st

Good spot on that. I'd noticed it shortly after posting but got distracted before I got chance to edit my post!
    A very odd balance though in 7 kills with that rifle, 113 to range finders...
    However, that and your post earlier where you find a section in a mission file where the report looks good might be the key. I think we might have had the kill report working correctly JUST in that one test mission. So during a quick test where we were trying to get the persistence working properly in "alive_liberty_test", I have a vague recollection of it working. It would be interesting to see if all 7 correctly reported kills come from just that one mission file.
    Assuming this is the case, this would suggest it's something we're not setting up correctly in our other mission files. Can you think of anything we should double check?

Regarding image files, you should find the SPS-Weapons and 3CB images here:
    link text

19. Tupolov

22 Aug 2017 Administrator

The images are great! What settings did you use? Could you do all UK3CB? :)

20. Tupolov

23 Aug 2017 Administrator

OH and btw, can you turn off your FPS counter? Our image processor won't be able to trim the image etc with the counter on the screen.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!