War Room weapon stats for new mod

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

It does seem a bit odd that we've not seen a single mention of this in kills. If I go to the Unit Effectiveness page, there is never a mention of it but everyone who has used these rifles has kills with range finders. All CUP or 3CB weapons seem to work OK though - no one who is using a 3CB rilfe, for example, has a kill credited by way of a range finder.

I'm just having another go with the image capturing at the moment. At least the mission loads this time!

3. So the image capture runs through a series of images but does not generate anything in the exportCfg folder that I've made in the ARMA3 directory

I'm also a bit confused by the last step that says:
    Step 9 Press Select Files button on this page and select all the images in your exportCfg folder

The link where these instructions are just seems to be a github page. I might be blind but I can't see a 'select files' button!

4. Right - it seems downloading the .dll from KillzoneKid's public area does work so I've now got all the images prepared.
    Do you know if I'm allowed to also generate and upload images for 3CB? Given I've now got this setup and working, it seems a shame not to generate more!!!

5. Tupolov

22 Aug 2017 Administrator
    Edited 6 years ago by Tupolov

Hey, great job!

I've also been trying to capture images, but the latest lighting updates seem to have the white Render world images way too bright. Have you got an example image?

Feel free to capture 3CB too and I can upload them.

The select files button on War Room isn't available yet :(

Zip up your images, upload them somewhere and send us the link.

Thanks!

Re: Weapons, I'll take another look, but like I said the data is there.

-image-

6. Edited 6 years ago by Steve_161st

Good spot on that. I'd noticed it shortly after posting but got distracted before I got chance to edit my post!
    A very odd balance though in 7 kills with that rifle, 113 to range finders...
    However, that and your post earlier where you find a section in a mission file where the report looks good might be the key. I think we might have had the kill report working correctly JUST in that one test mission. So during a quick test where we were trying to get the persistence working properly in "alive_liberty_test", I have a vague recollection of it working. It would be interesting to see if all 7 correctly reported kills come from just that one mission file.
    Assuming this is the case, this would suggest it's something we're not setting up correctly in our other mission files. Can you think of anything we should double check?

Regarding image files, you should find the SPS-Weapons and 3CB images here:
    link text

7. Tupolov

22 Aug 2017 Administrator

The images are great! What settings did you use? Could you do all UK3CB? :)

8. Tupolov

23 Aug 2017 Administrator

OH and btw, can you turn off your FPS counter? Our image processor won't be able to trim the image etc with the counter on the screen.

9. Ooops! Sorry about the FPS counter. Will try again now.
    The settings I used were exactly as the user guide. The only 'slight' difference is that I downloaded the required .dll from which then forces the game to run in 32 bit mode.

10. My in game brightness, contrast and saturation are just the default 100.
    One other issue I've found is that launching the game with Battleye enabled quite often blocks the .dll which then stops the screen capturing working.

11. Tupolov

23 Aug 2017 Administrator

Damn ok, I can't get that neutral grey for my screenshots :(

Yeah I'm working on updating the export functions to use the new screenshot command.

12. Jeeeeeeez - there's a lot of uk3cb assets! This might take a while....

13. Right - hopefully, this is all of 3CB and SPS-Weapons:
    link text
    Any thoughts as to what might be a mission specific setting that could cause sps-weapons to report range finders as the weapon used for kills but not any other mod?

14. Tupolov

24 Aug 2017 Administrator

I can't think of anything tbh unless there's another mod interfering with reporting on currentWeapon or kills - maybe ACE?

Could you share SPS Weapons mod with me so I can test?

Could you run a vanilla mission with just CBA ALiVE and sps weapons with debug on stats? Kill a couple of enemy etc

Thanks for doing these images! Really really appreciate it!

EDIT: Uploading and processing those images now, your group page looks better now!

15. Is it possible to connect to the war room without a dedicated server? I'm not a server admin in our group but as long as I can run things locally, I'll try those tests at the weekend.
    For info, here' the link to the ACE compatible SPS-Weapons:
    link text
    The vanilla versions are here, in case you need those too:
    link text

16. Tupolov

You can run a local dedi server using the arma3server.exe.

Instructions here http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Local_dedicated_servers

You don't have to use TADST.

17. Nice. Thanks for that.

18. Tupolov

Went rambo with one of the weapons.

http://alivemod.com/war-room/showpersonnel/76561197982137286

Testing adding the weapon locally to my player unit and its reported as UNKNOWN. Not massively surprising. Will add the weapon via server and report back. Helps if I have the mod loaded server side lol...

OK now reporting the weapon fine. Vanilla no ACE.

19. Just looking at this, this morning. I don't appear to be able to create a new group or server. Is it possible that each profile can only belong to one group? So I'd want to make a new profile to be able to do this testing?

20. Tupolov

27 Aug 2017 Administrator

You need to leave a group to create another one I believe. :(

Edit: you can use the same config for two different servers though if the group don't mind your test data.

21. Hi Tupolov,
    For info, our recent campaigns seem to have weapon kills being assigned correctly so I suspect there was something odd in our setup to how we connect to the data base.

On a separate subject, I've updated SPS Weapons so was hoping to generate more UI images for the new additions. However, it seems that ARMA now refuses to show magazines with the weapons. I've notice that even if I go to the in game Virtual Arsenal to test weapons, the AI always has weapons with no magazine in.
    I've done a bit of googling but can't find any info on this. If you're aware of any tricks here, please let me know and I'll get more UI images to you!

or Sign Up to reply!