Alive.cfg file not being located/failing to load

1. 6 years ago

Greetings all, How are we today?

So I am having a few issues with my Alive server, the persistence and server saving isn't working quite right, by that I mean it's not working at all. Now, I have been doing some hunting around on the forums, server RPT's and mission settings to see if I can come up with some fixes for the issue and what is causing it.

At this time, I believe that it is an issue to do with the server not loading the alive.cfg due to some strange file pathing. According to the plugin log, it is trying to load my server.cfg file instead. As I said above, I have tried a few potential fixes in order to sort this issue but I won't be able to try them all at this time (I don't have direct access to the server box via RDP) I need to wait for the server administrator.

Just in case, I have uploaded my alive plugin log and server rpt they are in a handy .zip folder here

The main error, however, is this:

[2017-09-18 00:24:21] [info]     Config file: C:\TCAFiles\Users\160th\9\C:\TCAFiles\Users\160th\9\TADST\AliveServer\TADST_config.cfg 
    [2017-09-18 00:24:21] [error] ###### ServerName ######
    [2017-09-18 00:24:21] [error]     Error: Unable to open config file
    [2017-09-18 00:24:21] [error]     RAW:   ServerName
    [2017-09-18 00:24:21] [debug]     Return value [['ServerName','ERROR','Unable to open config file']]
    [2017-09-18 00:24:21] [debug] |/-\ Elapsed time: 1.002ms

As you can see, it is trying to load the server config and not the alive one.

Another issue I am having is when I press server save and exit or player exit, it is not saving correctly and it doesn't seem to work correctly. The RPT file reads that the button has been pressed but nothing more happens, I get no message on screen to say things are saving no matter how long I wait. When I reconnect to the server, my position etc hasn't been saved. This is all documented in the provided files.

Some of the steps I have taken so far to fix/troubleshoot the issues are:

• Renamed the mission
    • Deleted and replaced the Data module, tested it with Local and cloud settings
    • Redownloaded the alive.cfg and alive server mod files (I did this via FTP after checking that they weren't blocked on my machine)
    • set persistance=1; in the server config
    • set Respawnonreload=-1; in the description.ext

Some of the things I am going to get the Admin to do are:

• Double check that the alive.cfg and alive server mod aren't being blocked
    • Change the start parameters so the mod line loads before the config line
    • Move the alive server mod to the start and end of the mod list to see if that makes a difference

Just some general points as well, I used to run the server using TADST but now use a different server box, using a .bat file and TCAdmin to launch the game. It is a dedicated server, I believe running windows. The server is sending data to the War room as I can see it updating our combat logs etc It's just that the saving feature isn't working.

I haven't tried this with just Alive and CBA yet, as the issue I am having is the wrong config file being loaded. We are using a number of mods, though that should all work. We aren't using the latest CBA yet, we are using the last build.

If anyone can give me some pointers and a definite fix then I'd be grateful, also if you see any other fixable errors in the RPT please let me know what they are and how to fix them, as we all hate errors :D

Thanks
    Elliot

2. Your alive.cfg is being loaded fine. It's trying to read the server name from the server.cfg but there's a bug in the (public) server plugin related to absolute paths. You can try this version of the plugin which should fix that issue and more: https://slack-files.com/T02F9JXT6-F704WQCVC-256a91dedc . :)

3. @marceldev89 Your alive.cfg is being loaded fine. It's trying to read the server name from the server.cfg but there's a bug in the (public) server plugin related to absolute paths. You can try this version of the plugin which should fix that issue and more: https://slack-files.com/T02F9JXT6-F704WQCVC-256a91dedc . :)

Thanks man, I shall give it a whirl

4. So I gave it a quick test, still not getting any in game representation that the server is saving, nor does it exit. I left it for a few minutes and nothing came up.

I'm also still seeing similar rpt errors of the alive plugin not loading, saying it's missing. Not sure what it is referring to, the alive server mod is on the server and loading as far as I can tell.

Player persistence did work on disconnect though, however I didn't get to test over restart as I'm heading to work now :)

I will upload the logs again when I'm home but from what I saw if the rpt, I didn't get to check the plugin log, it seems to be printing the same errors.

Am I correct in assuming that when you press server save and exit, I am supposed to see something on screen and also see the exit screen similar to player exit?

5. Yes, you're supposed to see a tablet thingy that displays the saving progress. When you've posted the new logs, I'll take another look. :)

6. Hello again,

As promised, this is the new RPT and Plugin log

I am still getting errors such as:

8:58:35 ALiVE Extension (ALiVEPlugIn) Error: ['{"error":"not_found","reason":"missing"}
    '] CMD: SendJSON ['GET','sys_data/dictionary_160thSOR_rp_server_v1','']
     8:58:35 DATA: No data dictionary found, might be new mission
     8:58:35 ALiVE Extension (ALiVEPlugIn) Error: ['ServerName','ERROR','Unable to open config file'] CMD: ServerName

There are a few versions of that error, but they are essentially the same.

Also, I am still getting no in game indication if the server is saved, nor does it close to an exit screen when I press the server save and exit button.

9:01:48 --------------------------------------------------------------
     9:01:48 ALiVE Exit - mode: REMSAVE
     9:01:48 --------------------------------------------------------------
     9:01:48 ALiVE Exit - mode: SAVESERVERYO
     9:01:48 [ALIVE] (main) TRACE: 8121 PLAYER CLICKING ON ABORT BUTTON: _this=["REMSAVE"] x\alive\addons\main\fnc_buttonAbort.sqf:41
     9:01:48 [ALIVE] (main) TRACE: 8121 PLAYER CLICKING ON ABORT BUTTON: _this=["SAVESERVERYO","76561198076402389"] x\alive\addons\main\fnc_buttonAbort.sqf:41
     9:01:48 ALiVE SYS_PLAYER - DISCONNECT
     9:01:48 ALiVE SYS_PLAYER -  PLAYER UNIT FOUND IN PLAYABLEUNITS (B Alpha 1-1:1 (Elliot Beckett) REMOTE)
     9:01:48 ["SYS_STATS: PLAYER UNIT FOUND IN PLAYABLEUNITS (B Alpha 1-1:1 (Elliot Beckett) REMOTE)"]
     9:01:49 --------------------------------------------------------------
     9:01:49 ALiVE Exit - Saving Server
     9:01:49 ADMIN UID: 76561198076402389
     9:01:49 ADMIN: B Alpha 1-1:1 (Elliot Beckett) REMOTE
     9:01:49 ALiVE Pausing state of ALiVE_ALiVE_amb_civ_command instance set to true!
     9:01:49 ALiVE Pausing state of ALiVE_ALiVE_sys_profile instance set to true!
     9:01:49 ALiVE Pausing state of ALiVE_ALiVE_mil_command instance set to true!
     9:01:49 ALiVE Pausing state of ALiVE_ALiVE_fnc_analysis instance set to true!
     9:01:49 "Saving shots fired: [["""",0,"""",""""]]"
     9:02:05 "perfMonitor.fsm message sent: [[""Type"",""Data""],[""FPS"",41344],[""FPSMIN"",34483],[""CPS"",22933],[""PLAYERS"",1],[""LOCAI"",142],[""REMAI"",0],[""Active"",6],[""Inactive"",56],[""Units"",232],[""PVehicles"",17]]"
     9:03:46 Error in expression <['[{"ok":true,"id":"160thSOR_'Alive RP Server'-172300ZSEP17_61_i","rev>
     9:03:46   Error position: <Alive RP Server'-172300ZSEP17_61_i","rev>
     9:03:46   Error Missing ]
     9:03:46 Error in expression <['[{"ok":true,"id":"160thSOR_'Alive RP Server'-172300ZSEP17_61_i","rev>
     9:03:46   Error position: <Alive RP Server'-172300ZSEP17_61_i","rev>
     9:03:46   Error Missing ]
     9:03:46 Error in expression <all compile _response;

;

if (typeName _response == "ARRAY") then {
    if (count _>
     9:03:46   Error position: <_response == "ARRAY") then {
    if (count _>
     9:03:46   Error Undefined variable in expression: _response
     9:03:46 File \x\alive\addons\sys_data\fnc_sendToPlugIn.sqf [ALiVE_fnc_sendToPlugIn], line 1807
     9:03:46 Error in expression <Async []"] call ALIVE_fnc_sendToPlugIn; _response != "WAITING"};

ALiVE_sys_data>
     9:03:46   Error position: <_response != "WAITING"};

ALiVE_sys_data>
     9:03:46   Error Undefined variable in expression: _response

Thats what pops into the RPT when I hit server save, there seems to be a number of the same errors, undefined variable etc. Am I missing something or is this intentional?

7. @marceldev89 Yes, you're supposed to see a tablet thingy that displays the saving progress. When you've posted the new logs, I'll take another look. :)

I was just typing me reply as you commented :D

8. Oh, you're using the 32-bit server executable and the plugin I sent you is for the 64-bit server. Can you try pointing TADST to the 64-bit server (arma3server_x64.exe)? I don't think we have any new builds for the 32-bit server at the moment.

9. The ServerName plugin error shouldn't stop persistence from working though.

It appears that the real reason things are breaking is related to spaces. There's something somewhere called Alive RP Server (most likely mission name or briefing name or filename), if you remove the spaces it should, in theory, start working.

10. @marceldev89 Oh, you're using the 32-bit server executable and the plugin I sent you is for the 64-bit server. Can you try pointing TADST to the 64-bit server (arma3server_x64.exe)? I don't think we have any new builds for the 32-bit server at the moment.

I shall get the server admin to switch up to the x64 bit .exe, as I said, we don't use TADST to launch the server anymore.

@marceldev89 The ServerName plugin error shouldn't stop persistence from working though.

It appears that the real reason things are breaking is related to spaces. There's something somewhere called Alive RP Server (most likely mission name or briefing name or filename), if you remove the spaces it should, in theory, start working.

I will have to take a look at that, I renamed the mission file yesterday but I will take another look

or Sign Up to reply!