Factions Using other factions vehicles

1. 9 years ago

Hi,
    Am working on my first ALiVE template and was wondering if its possible to add vehicles from one faction (that is not to be included on the mission) to another faction to use?

Basically I'm running an insurgency mission where the middle eastern tribal are the enemy and I'd like to give them access to RHS vehicles

I'm aware there are mods that allow this but was wondering if its possible in ALiVE?

Thanks in advance

2. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by PillowTalk

Resurrecting this because I am now in the same boat. Using various modded factions that are supported by ALiVE, but some of them (like those from CUP and the Isla Duala units) do not have vehicle groups or have a limited set of vehicle groups. I am wondering if I can do something to make my Afrene and Molatia guys use mechanized infantry and aircraft from other factions, preferably as simply as possible like maybe syncing some empty vehicles to something.

3. There is some possibilities to do this trough cfgpatches in mission config file. But is that worth of sense?

4. Edited 8 years ago by AUTigerGrad

You can actually do this quite easily.

1. Make sure that the units you want to use are on the same side as your spawning units (Blufor side, Opfor side, Independent, etc.)

2. Go into the editor and select the vehicles you want to add to the spawning faction.

3. Go to the "ALiVE Virtual System" module and either a) leave it on "virtualize only sync units" then sync all vehicles to the module" OR b) switch the module to "virtualize all editor placed units" and it will automatically "take control" of all of the manually placed vehicles you put in the mission.

Remember that on option B if you DON'T want a certain vehicle to be virtualized, you'll need to sync it to the module (as the system would be virtualizing everything).

I do this all the time. I'll add in Helicopters, etc. and give them to a side.

As long as you have a BLUFOR, OPFOR, or IND AI commander, you're manually placed units will be controlled just as if they were spawned by the system.

5. Virtualized units without correct cfggroups will not perform OPCOM tasks.

6. Oh, well ignore the Chinese PLA comment then. But all ALiVE configured units should work OP.

7. Sounds good. I am wondering though, now, how this works for the AI.

Do they only have the sets of vehicles I manually give them, or will they be able to call in more as re-enforcements should the original ones die? I would like them to be able to replace the things they lose, especially air craft, since ALiVE doesn't see the hangars and helipads on Duala to spawn things there on its own.

8. They won't bring in more of those vehicles. It uses what you place.

That being said, there are a TON of Helicopter pads on Isla Duala. I highly doubt you'll run out of Choppers lol.

9. @AUTigerGrad They won't bring in more of those vehicles. It uses what you place.

That being said, there are a TON of Helicopter pads on Isla Duala. I highly doubt you'll run out of Choppers lol.

You've never seen me fly before. :P

or Sign Up to reply!