How to load Local Save Game

1. 6 years ago

Dear all, I have a mission prepared, i have played it for several hours, everything worked more or less smoothly, i saved my progress using ALiVE save menu, seems everything went fine. I quit my game without any error message. When i wanted to resume my game, i went into scenario but i could only restart the mission from scratch. Could you please tell me how to load a saved mission? is there something i missed?

Note: i have checked that persistence options are duly enabled in each of the options.

thanks for your kind help

2. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

To save, use the “server save and exit” option in the esc menu (not “player exit”). To load, just start the mission as if you were starting it over from scratch. If the PBO name is the same after a successful save, mission progress will load automatically and you’ll be greeted with a message on the top right corner.

3. thanks HeroesandvillainsOS. Is this the same method for single player (local) save? IT does not seem to work even though it says progress was saved.

4. Yeah it’s the same even in SP. Do you get a message on the top right of the screen saying your mission has loaded? If not, I either need to see some screenshots with your modules open or take a look at your mission.

5. thanks for your quick reply. I will try some troubleshooting first. I have several mods loaded (RHS USAF, R3F, ACE, SPYDER ADDONS and some other props mods). Once i will have no more troubleshooting options, i will come back to you for support. Thanks a lot for your kind assistance.

6. Dear HeroesandvillainsOS, I think there was some kind of bug. I changed the name of the mission and then everything worked fine (for saving at least). Nevertheless, i am now facing a strange issue, my mission is on FATA, if i place my support (transport) helo on the southern fob, they won't go anywhere on the map, they take off upon mission request, maybe fly 100 meters then start going up endlessly. I boarded one, it just goes up (i quit after 2500m high...). Is this related to the problems i faced before?

7. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yikes. No this is different. I can say this. I just recently played a mission on FATA and the transport chopper takes off and lands from the southern FOB fine from what I’ve seen. That said, I’ve seen this exact bug before too and boy is it terrible. Have you placed any objects near where the helipad/landing spot is? I was able to make it stop by deleting a lot of objects in the base in one of my missions (FWIW it was happening on Takistan to me).

If so, try deleting these objects. If not, and if you’re bored, does it happen if you play this?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=960750742

I have noticed on FATA the southern FOB is making some choppers get halfway stuck in the ground, and they dance like crazy, but so far they seem to move and follow commands ok. I did have to delete one of th helipads though with the delete map object module just to make the weird bouncing stop. I doubt it’s related but if you want go ahead and try that mission out and see if the issue is still there for you. If the issue is gone in my mission, feel free to use it as a template for your own mission.

Are you using any AI mods at all? What mods are you using?

8. i will try removing some objects and revert back to you. When i am in other places, the modules are working perfectly fine

9. Are your helo's placed in the editor and sync'd to the combat support module, or are you using the support modules to spawn the helis?

Hope that question makes sense to you

10. dear JD_Wang, i have tried both solutions actually and different mods as well. Funny thing is this is only doing that on one particular mission. I have used another file and it's working file, i guess the mission is corrupted somehow.
    I will check if it happens again in the future.

or Sign Up to reply!