ORBATRON PBO Packing Error

  1. 6 months ago
    Edited 6 months ago by eeriestwalnut55

    I figured it would be better to start a new topic instead of reviving one that is over a year old. I am currently trying to make a new RHS faction that is essentially all the RHS desert units packed into one faction so I do not need to have multiple AI Commanders. I am moving the units from the old faction to my newly created one. All seems to work fine until I try and pack the PBO file using Arma 3 tools. I get the following error:

    --------------------
           Binarize -      found: 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Binarize\binarize.exe'.
         CfgConvert -      found: 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\CfgConvert\CfgConvert.exe'.
         DsSignFile -      found: 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\DSSignFile\DSSignFile.exe'.
           FileBank -      found: 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\FileBank\FileBank.exe'.
    --------------------
    Builder starting...
    Clearing temp folder. [temp=]=C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Temp\@rhsusf
    Done.
    
    Syncing folders... [source]=C:\Users\Sam\Desktop\Arma\@rhsusf, [sync]=C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Temp\@rhsusf
    Done.
    
    Converting configs ...
     - Converting cfg "C:\Users\Sam\Desktop\Arma\@rhsusf\addons\test\config.cpp"
    CfgConvert returned error. Canceling... [result]=1
    Process ended with non-zero code. Exit code: 1
    !> File C:\Users\Sam\Desktop\Arma\@rhsusf\addons\test\autogen.hpp, line 2665: /CfgVehicles/rhsusf_M1220_usarmy_d.EventHandlers: Undefined base class 'EventHandlers'
    !> Config : some input after EndOfFile.
    !> Error reading config file 'C:\Users\Sam\Desktop\Arma\@rhsusf\addons\test\config.cpp'
    !> Class CBA_Extended_EventHandlers_base destroyed with lock count 72
    !> Class  destroyed with lock count 1
    !> 
    Build failed
    
    
    
    Ready

    Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this or any idea what I might be doing wrong? I have already tried recreating the faction just to verify that it was not a fluke with the orbat creator. Both attempts yielded the same error.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. 2 weeks ago

    Pretty scary we are not seeing responses to these ORBAT errors. I can't make a faction for squat without getting this similar error. Pretty much rendering the orbat module worthless.

  3. Edited 2 weeks ago by marceldev89

    Seems like you didn't do things correctly. if you can do a new export and send me the files then I'll take a look (including the errors because I can't run the tools).

  4. What I have been finding, is that if you copy a faction, to make another faction, and then try to modify that copied faction further, by adding more units from yet another faction, I always run into errors. If I just make a faction from scratch, meaning copy from the faction I want to use, unit by unit, I can get it done without errors. It's horribly time consuming that way, but at least I have found success making modified factions.

 

or Sign Up to reply!