Problem with @ALiVEServer

1. 9 years ago

Hi everybody.

I have a problem with ALiVE and my server, i've make a mission with ALiVE and some mods (like RHS, CSE....Tell me if you want the full list), the mission work (without the database module and WarRoom), I've tested the mission, everything worked normally, with the editor and my server.

Today, I wanted to put the persistant database system with the War Room, so I followed the tutorial on the website (download the @ALiVEServer addon and extract him on the root folder of ArmA III, download the ALiVE.cfg, add the database module on the mission...), and I tried to launch the server with the 'new version' of the map, with the @ALiVEServer.

And now, impossible to join the server, I mean, when I click on "Join", I have a loading screen, and I can't do anything, I can't use the chat, so I can't log as an admin etc... The only way to play is to launch the arma3server without the @ALiVEServer addon, and I don't know why it happens.

It's a Windows Server 2008, with the requirement software (Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable), I don't think I've made a mistake when I had installed the different addons or files, I just don't know how to resolve this problem.

2. Ok, I resolved the mistery, the alive.cfg file was blocked (like the @ALiVEServer archive) and now i've unblocked him, the mission can start ! I don't know if it was obvious to unblocked the alive.cfg, it was not written on the server setup instruction, but now, my problem is fixed ! Hope my thread will help other persons.

3. Friznit

4 Feb 2015 Administrator

Glad it's fixed - always something simple in the end! It's a bit hit and miss because it seems only some servers will block these files and others don't. Go figure!

or Sign Up to reply!