Pausing and unpausing friendly opcom

1. 6 years ago

Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions, firstly relating to my units upcoming campaign. We will first of all be acting as a guerilla style unit destroying a bunch of objectives I have set up. Once this is done, the idea will be to stage a full scale assault of Altis including Air power, infantry and armour. In your opinions what would be the best way to achieve this? Two separate missions? or one mission? If we were to use one mission file, how would this be set up to delay the invasion?

Ideally as well, destroying a convoy would be something I'd like to set up, would i need to script this? I'm guessing yes but I thought I'd check.

I'm also getting an error of 'too many virtual memory blocks requested'. I have a feeling that this is to do with the number of mods we are running however if anyone has come across this. I'd like to know if there is a solution. It happens when i get into zeus and lots of the virtual ai spawn.

Finally, if i am running a mission file on the server can I make changes to the mission then re upload and carry on persistence as before?

2. You would have to pause/unpause the OPCOM module I think using this script. Pausing OPCOM will stop OPCOM from issuing orders and running battlefield analysis. I'm thinking you'd have to tie it to a trigger, maybe just a trigger with a long delay or something.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Pausing_Modules

3. Nice! I'll give it a go!

4. I may have jumped the gun slightly with my ability to script. How exactly would I go about setting this up and calling it via a trigger? Also is it possible to just set it up to work with just one faction rather than both opcom?

or Sign Up to reply!