Units not spawning but are virtually there on the debug

1. ‹ Older
  2. 5 years ago

Just text document and name it init.sqf?

3. Yes that’s correct

4. Edited 5 years ago by jabertcul

okay i will do this now and ill let you know if it worked. Just to be sure i should be placing it in D>Steam library>steamapps>common>arma3>missions. ?

5. Edited 5 years ago by jabertcul

Not sure if i placed it in the right folder but it didn't work Zues still only spawns Civs.

6. Is this a mission you made in the editor?

7. Edited 5 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Try placing it in the init field of your player unit instead if you're unsure of the folder

0 = [] spawn {
    	if (isserver) then {
    		waituntil {!isnil "ALiVE_SpawnSources"};

ALiVE_SpawnSources append allCurators;
    	};
    };
  8. Yeah my missions folder is empty i usually don't save them i mostly just play them in the editor. then leave them there.

9. Edited 5 years ago by jabertcul

@SpyderBlack723 Try placing it in the init field of your player unit instead if you're unsure of the folder};[/code]

Where would i find that? is this while i'm in the arma editor?

10. Post the mission here I will add it for you. I’ll be home in like 20 mins

11. Edited 5 years ago by SpyderBlack723

If you double click on your player unit, there should be a large black-colored text box with the label initialization at the top of it. You can just paste the following in there and it should run and give us results (whether or positive or negative).

0 = [] spawn {
    	if (isserver) then {
    		waituntil {!isnil "ALiVE_SpawnSources"};

ALiVE_SpawnSources append allCurators;
    	};
    };
  12. Edited 5 years ago by jabertcul

Okay i know where, i think, i will try this.

@HeroesandvillainsOS Post the mission here I will add it for you. I’ll be home in like 20 mins

im not sure how to do that lol

13. It’s ok if you don’t want to learn how to do this. I’ll do it, just put the mission you are using on Dropbox and put the link here, or link me to the source (if you got it on Steam or whatever) and I’ll DL it and add it and link it back to you so you can test it.

14. If that doesn't work I'll have to open up and test myself later, don't worry about having to post anything.

15. Or just listen to Spyder. :) We can test. Figured you just really needed to Zeus right now lol.

16. Edited 5 years ago by jabertcul

YAAAAASSSSSSS it work you guys are great. i did what Spyder said.
    Honestly wouldn't have had a clue. ill do a bit more looking into it but they are spawning fine it seems. Heroes and Spyder i would have never fixed this and would have just been doing pointless shit for hours, Tbh i didn't think this forum would be even active but thanks for the quick response and all the help, sorry for the hassle i didn't really know how to explain it at first. Great mod this is the only problem i have ever had with it after using it for about 2 years so no problems on your part, i really needed to clean up my Arma anyways haha. ill let you know if any other problems arise, and just one more question should i put that code in all my players placed or just my main player?

17. :)

We'll have it fixed for the next release, sorry about the workaround for now.

18. Nice. Thanks for the bug report!

19. @HeroesandvillainsOS Nice. Thanks for the bug report!

@SpyderBlack723 :)

We'll have it fixed for the next release, sorry about the workaround for now.

No problem, if the work around works it works for me :)

20. Sorry if this is a weird request but... there is a way to disable automatically adding alive units to zeus other than disabling zeus completely? I prefer having those units be handled by the server rather than offloading the locality to zeus

21. AFAIK the locality doesn't switch just because it's added to zeus, but no there is no way to stop thay behavior on ALIVE'S side

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!