Got a weird issue with the headless client I'm trying to use in all alive missions.
- I'm using a dedicated server remotely and trying to connect my arma server (under tools) to it as a headless client.
- I can successfully do this on unmodded missions and also with other mods.
- However as soon as alive is installed both on the dedicated server and my local arma server the headless client will connect and get disconnected several seconds later.
- This includes complex Alive setups (a full working map) or with my alive test kit (which is one player unit + Alive Required (HC turned on) + Virtual + Mil placement + Civ placements (no zones) and three headless clients modules (playable called HC1, HC2 and HC3).
- I get the message on the headless client: "You cannot play/edit this mission: it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted alive_main, alive_sys_profile, alive_civ_placement, alive_mil_placement" (and there would be more to this if I use more modules).
To me this would imply that my headless client hasn't loaded the alive mod - but it really should have: My headless client .bat code is as follows:
start /min "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\arma3server_x64.exe" -client -connect=xxxxxxxxx -port=xxxx -profiles="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\Profiles" -mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Server\@cba;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Server\@alive;
Firstly, do not fear that "@alive" isn't capitalised because it written like this in the folder. In fact, the folder was ftp'd from the remote server so their contents matched exactly. (I've reinstalled alive on both today as well to ensure data integrity). I even validated the server files via steam (first time I've had to do that with a 'tool')
Myself as a player can connect fine to it via the Arma 3 game but cannot work out why the headless isn't staying connected. And I can successfuly get the headless client to connect to the same server if I remove alive from it. So is there an important step I've missed which is alive specific? If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know.
ps: if ya want me to post any logs or anything then I will, just tell me where to find it.