Single Player Saving [Solved]

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by hardly

After tinkering for a few days trying to make a single player mission. I continually have problems saving progress.

I wanted to make a mission where I could play single player and slowly move sector to sector clearing enemies over the course of a few weeks while occasionally saving after a good day. I wanted to use CI2STAR and TRACE mode to give the player an idea of where the action is to make up for lack of normal communication between soldiers.

I have save working locally and persistence set to on in every module I could. However, after saving and reloading in an enemy hanger. The enemies respawned when I reloaded the Alive mission. I don't think they spawned due to logistics. Rather, ALiVE just generated new enemies for that area because that's what it does on startup.

I reset the save data several times and made sure to play through the scenario menu, and not through the editor.

I think, though, playing through the editor didn't actually spawn any enemies but playing through the scenario menu did. Is it possible that ALiVE does something different when launched through the scenario menu?

I'll continue bug-testing tonight. This feels like it's almost working.

*** UPDATE ***

I found the culprit. It wasn't logistics after all, but it was the Close Quarters Battle module that was randomly spawning enemies upon reloading the game.

I've since edited my map and instead of using logistics and CQB, I've decided to simply do a grand-scale war (on Malden 2035) because random enemy spawning is exactly what I DON'T want in this mission.

or Sign Up to reply!