Local Persistance File Location

1. 4 years ago

I'm aware that it's possible to 'reset' Persistence easily by renaming a pbo, I'm curious where the data is stored locally and if it's possible to delete it manually. If not, what sort of file size can users expect for a large scale mission?

2. Edited 4 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

In the debug console in the esc menu while in the mission put in:

call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceClear

then click local exec.

Change Clear to Wipe if you want to reset all progress for all locally saved ALiVE missions.

3. Thank you for your courtesy! I should have been more clear; I'm aware of that command, and was more interested in the how and where of the data. After some additional investigation, I managed to locate it. Thanks to contributors such as you and the Dev Team for providing enough detail that even a novice like me could suss it out. :)

I'm not sure if this is important, but when saving Persistent data locally, the ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceClear function does not appear to clear data associated with a dedicated server profile that is stored in the Arma 3 - Other Profiles folder. My particular circumstances are when hosting a dedicated server and client on the same machine through the launcher. This is not an issue when the arrays containing the information can be deleted from file in OS, of course.

4. Hmm. I don’t use dedi’s hardly ever. Does the server location have its own profile folder? If so, maybe you can execute the command while on the server or delete the entry there?

5. I'm pretty sure if I copy the server profile over to the client directory, and run the mission using the server's profile from the client the function will delete the array. It's less tedious to just delete the array for a specific mission, though. I don't foresee resetting often, so I think it's fine.

or Sign Up to reply!