CAS with planes

1. 4 years ago

Hi i have been re-looking at ALiVE after a couple of years away and i am trying to use a default A-164 Wipeout (A10) to do bombing runs which works great using the laser designator. the problem i'm still having is getting them to land to refuel and rearm my first test i started the plane just off the side of the taxi-way infront of the sheds at the southern airport in Takistan. started well taxied and took off completed mission. When i ordered it to RTB it landed fine but then just circled the taxi-way and took off again.

Second try i moved the spawn point to the grass between the runway and taxi-way but this time it just stopped on the runway once it landed, this of course is not acceptable as it would create issues with other planes.

What is the best way to use planes with the ALiVE CAS system so they are not a hinderance and can be relied on for missions?

2. I think this aspect of Alive, fixed wing aircraft for CAS is buggy at best, but not at Alive's doing. I don't think many map creators have fully and properly setup their airports for the AI to use them properly, or the mapmakers make the airport with too many obstacles. The map makers should be setting stuff up in the config, as well as making taxi loops and all that good stuff, but I am sure many have skipped that process as it can be very difficult to do. Arma map making is not the easiest thing to do so people leave out a lot of proper steps on the more difficult tasks, and setting up the airports during map creation can be tricky at best if you don't have much experience with the process. Lythium map makers HORRIBLY screwed up their southern airport with all the concrete barriers along the runway, which that taxiing AI just cannot deal with. The planes always get hung up on the fixed objects place along the runway. The northern airport works pretty good with Alive and using fixed wing for CAS. I've never had much luck getting the takistan southern airport to work hardly at all with alive and the CAS and the AI.

3. Takistan's southern airport is hilarious. Alive will spawn in a group right on the corner on the taxiway and won't allow the AI to take off. Until you move far enough away for virtual ai to kick in

or Sign Up to reply!