Extra's - Scripts and Mods, what do you use?

1. 4 years ago

Dear @JD_Wang , I have to admit that I didn't know about Guilt and Remembrance and I just downloaded it!

About some other mods that I tend to use almost always (I suck at scripting so, I tend to... let's say avoid them) are the following:

Align from LAxemann and joko - don't ask me anything as his (LAxemann's) Mount which actually is not on Steam Workshop (but I can provide a link if you want to try it out!) (and I would like to say here that I do not use non-Steam Workshop mods cause on workshop is super easy to download and set them up! It is just a button!)

Then is Immerse from LAxemann and joko - don't ask me anything

Also dzn Extended Jamming from Buzzil which in my opinion adds a lot to the actions you take to clear a jammed weapon and I do not refer only on the actions to clear the actual jam but to the actions that you take BEFORE you start clearing a jam on a weapon!

Magazine Simulation A3 from Gokmen and Bullet Casings from Hortzy.

MRHMilSimTools from Mr H. which is a small mod that can give you some really nice options like having the map as an inventory item and not placable in special slot (like what ACRE2 does to radios!) so like this you can open a map in front of you and every one will be able to see your map (something like RL!) and other small things like this!

LRG Fundamentals from Mokka and MitchJC is another mod that adds some choices for the mission maker like "only characters designated as pilots can fly a chopper or plane!" or they have integrated some scripts like the one that allows every player to "flip" back to normal the vehicles (because... ArmA sometimes is ArmA!!) and other things like these!

KAT - Advanced Medical from Katalam. Since I found this mod, I integrated in EVERY mission. It gives ACE's already amazing advanced medical system even more depth!

ADV - ACE Splint from [SeL] Belbo is a really good and usefull (imho) mod that makes it possible to avoid the ACE's PAKs every time that someone has damaged one of his limbs (arms or legs!) with the possibility (depends on the settings that you will choose) to make the splint either permanent or to last only for a while!!!!

Diwako's ACE Ragdolling from diwako gives also a nice touch to the way enemies and player characters react when they get hit!

Cinematic Lens Flare from AveryTheKitty gives a nice touch too to the lights!

Breaching Charge from Ampersand is one my favorites especially on the part that we clear towns from enemies from an AI commander and CQB module!

I won't even bother to say "ACE", "Enchanced Movement" and other so... Classic that I believe that 99% of ArmA community use these days! Or I won't refer to "Communication Mods"... (I LOVE ACRE2!!)

(Although I can go on for some 10-15 more mods) You probably can tell by now that I LOVE small mods that gives just a small bit of immersion on its own but all together makes the virtual battlefield and the way you operate (on personal level... not on team level) more intresting and more reallistic (an excelent example is the one that I mention about "extended jamming mod"!). I also love mods that enhance sound and effects like expolions, weapon sounds and soundscapes!

Hope I didn't get you boring and I gave some things to look for or some "food" for talks!

2. Edited 4 years ago by DrDetroit

@JD_Wang Thanks for the update JD, much appreciated. Always looking for new toys to plug into my Alive campaigns!

I'm very interested in SSS mod, I'm going to try it out later today. I'm currently in the middle of a Lythium ALive insurgency campaign, and I play solo with 9 AI squad members; is it compatible with solo play or ALive support is better option (I play solo in MP mode, if that makes difference)? Also, is there any conflict with ALive support, can they run together?

KP ranks sounds interesting just in the point system for tracking kills. I have Alive setup to show scores for me and AI, but it seems messed up and not tracking kills and deaths properly.

I use all the Lambs mods, they are pretty awesome! Just works and I noticed the enemy AI will now setup and fire mortars and start raining thunder down on blufor - so cool to see, even if I'm on the receiving side.

Had a nice mission clearing villages in the north western area of Lythium this morning, all is well, no AI deaths and plenty of ISIS kills and insurgency locations dismantled. I take my squad over a hill, not noticing the mortar team on top of a house about 500 meters out. All of a sudden I hear the pops, and the incoming...wiped us out, the whole team, five-times over before we could get out of the zone and kill the team. I was like WTF - was not expecting that at all. It's awful and wonderful at the same time! Got to pay attention constantly now days I guess.

Anywho, I also use All in One mod, which really helps with AI management, along with C2, ACE, ect. I run JSRS and a few other sound mods and such, tactical position, ect...basically personal preference type stuff, adding immersion where possible.

I'm eagerly waiting for the one guy working on Super AI mod. That just may redefine the AI by the time he is done. Looks very promising.

Anyhow, thanks for the heads up on those two mods, gonna try it out.

Good day!
    DrDetroit