Help needed. Capture mil civ obj for a conquest style mission

1. 4 years ago

Hello all, I am fairly new to Arma 3's ALiVE mod, I've learned most of the basics and can get troops to be controlled by AI and attack set objectives, but I have a couple requests for help.

1. I am trying to figure out how to get (or if it's even possible) the AI to capture mil or civ obj's. My intent is to have blufor start at an airport with significant numbers of troops and move out to surrounding towns to neutralize opfor forces and take control of town, meaning blufor forces start to spawn there once opfor has no forces left in TAOR. Idea is to have blufor take town north of deployment zone and take civ objective at the south end of a bridge neutralizing opfor and then push across bridge with no more opfor spawning behind them.
    2. this may be a more standard editor question but I cannot seem to figure out how to get players to respawn as the leader of a new light fire team (with AI under command)
  2. Edited 4 years ago by DrDetroit

In regards to #1, I usually setup missions in this manner, works well and troops will take and hold objectives, then move to the next one, ect, if you setup the modules to do so. Troops will move on, leaving a few units behind to hold and maintain the objective just captured.

I also assist in the effort by doing some LRRPs way behind known enemy lines and calling in troop insertions (logistics request - air drop or helo) to maintain the objective.

#2: I'd like to know this as well. My main issue is I have two platoons in a campaign, one is US Marine recon and the other is CIA w plain clothes (much smaller unit size too); if join as recon and save, then next time join as CIA, my CIA starts at the location of where the recon squad saved at in previous playthrough. I'd like each platoon to persist at its own location.

3. Thanks I was starting to think that's what they did for #1 with further testing. My scenerio is this, of cast and NATO have gone to war over altos, AAF is caught in the middle of two hostile factions and have moved all remaining forces and assets to main airport in middle of map, objective is to hold airport from both hostile factions as they fight each other while trying to take Airfield for themselves. IND (players);ultimate goal is to fend of first wave of conflict and take and secure surrounding towns to build up forces and counter attack LZ of invading forces. Of course I have more to flesh out but that's the picture

or Sign Up to reply!