Auto Pause ALiVE Modules with Headlessclient

1. 7 months ago
    Edited 7 months ago by RagcBaker

Hy ALiVE Team.

I have some questions about Pause Module with Headless Client Configuration
    I do the thing in the following post. But it seems not working.
    http://alivemod.com/forum/4862-auto-pause-feature-clafghan

initServer.sqf

["someId", "onPlayerConnected", {
    	if (({isPlayer _x} count playableUnits) > 0 || OPCOM_TOGGLE) then { ["ALIVE_SYS_PROFILE","ALIVE_MIL_OPCOM","ALIVE_AMB_CIV_POPULATION"] call ALiVE_fnc_unPauseModule; OPCOM_TOGGLE = false; };
    }] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;

["someId", "onPlayerDisconnected", {
    	if ( ({isPlayer _x} count playableUnits) == 0 ) then { ["ALIVE_SYS_PROFILE","ALIVE_MIL_OPCOM","ALIVE_AMB_CIV_POPULATION"] call ALiVE_fnc_pauseModule; OPCOM_TOGGLE = true; };
    }] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;

The problem is that the server is not stopping increase Memory or CPU usage. In editor a game logic headless is placed and named. In the ALiVE Module "auto pause" option is set. Can someone tell me what i´m doing wrong in the setup or configuration?

Thanks in advanced
    Baker

2. Edited 7 months ago by RagcBaker

We use Vcom AI also.
    maybe this can be a part of the problem.

I tried now without VcomAI but the problem still be the same.

3. I have tried different thing now. But nothing seems to work.

- paste the following into init.sqf

["ALIVE_MIL_OPCOM","ALIVE_MIL_OPCOM","ALIVE_CIV_OPCOM","ALIVE_AMB_CIV_POPULATION"] call ALiVE_fnc_PauseModule;
    • Uncheck Autopause in ALiVE Module
    • place a trigger and sync Commander Modules to it
    • create the initServer.sqf with the code above

Nothing happens, modules work as before. Did someone have an idea or help for me?

in Module "LOGIC_ALIVE" set "AI Distribution" to Headless Clients
    Headless Client is configured in init.sqf as followed

if (!hasInterface && !isDedicated) then {	
    headlessClients = [];							
    headlessClients set [(count headlessClients), player];		
    publicVariable "headlessClients";						
    isHC = true;									
    };	
  4. Edited 7 months ago by JD_Wang

We have this issue as well, I believe it's because the autopause script uses count playableUnits to check if the server is empty and the HC counts as a playable unit.

I did suggest it get changed to allPlayers - entities "HeadlessClient_F"; in Discord, but never got around to raising an issue on github. I'll do that now and hopefully I'm right and it's a fairly simple fix.

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/668

5. Thanks JD_Wang

we also tried to use 1 instead of 0 in the count of playable Units. But the same problem. Maybe someone can write a short tutorial how to set this up correct for a mission. An example initServer.sqf or and other needed files like init.sqf or description.ext

6. 6 months ago

There is this snippet in the wiki which may work if you change it to accommodate HC's.

The change I suggested above should work I think, something I should test at some stage.

7. After some further testings, i found out that the increase of memory are from the Air Commander Module. I removed the Air Commanders in my Mission. The memory stops increase.

I will now check the modules pause configuration.

8. 5 months ago

Do you have any updates on that?
    Auto Pause still not working at the moment. Is there a way to handle this with triggers?

9. Do you have any updates on that?
    Auto Pause still not working at the moment. Is there a way to handle this with triggers?

or Sign Up to reply!