Database Module cause Server Crash on startup

1. ‹ Older
  2. 9 years ago

yes FileZilla-3.10.0.1

3. I googled and tryed to find something about unlock files via ftp with no success.

4. Tupolov

11 Feb 2015 Administrator

FTP should be fine and not cause locking of DLLs.

So, you downloaded @ALiVEServer from War Room? Unzipped, unblocked all files and then used FTP to transfer them to the dedicated server (without zipping them up).

Alive.cfg downloaded and added to arma 3 root.

Launch arma 3 server with @aliveserver, @alive, @cba_a3

Launch your arma 3 client, connect to dedicated server, launch ALiVE | Quick Start (COOP 9)

5. That is exactly´what ive done...

6. Keep wondering about the fact that there is no alive.log file...

7. downloaded @AliveServer and alive.cfg again, tripple checked unlocking, changed logpath in nlog.config and reuploaded it again. turn server complete offline, changed configline to only load aliveserver, alive and cba3, rebootet, connected and started quickstart coop9 mission.
    http://pastebin.com/adWcWf7f
    Could this error on line 495 be related to alive? It appears direct after starting the mission.

8. Tupolov

Is there more to the RPT? Looks like its missing the entire ALiVE init log.

9. Friznit

Just checking this is a windows server right?

10. That was all for this RPT file, after that nothing happend seemed like server just froze up. Here a RPT running a mission without DB Module...there is an area wich looks like the init stuff. http://pastebin.com/yz3r08is

@Friznit: i guess yea, not sure tho...trying to get more information about our server...hostet by Nitrado.net

11. Is there a way to check if the server using the alive.cfg in the rootdir at all? got the feeling he still read and write at this appdatafolder to wich i dont have any acess...

12. Tupolov

the plugin checks the root dir first, so should not be using the appdata folder.

13. Tupolov

Can you run another exe on your server? There is a test exe we can provide if so.

14. Seems like i canot execute any files, just have an option to change the installed game. Got only acess to ftp actions nothing like execute...

15. Guess thats the difference between renting a root server and renting this gameserver shit...

16. So does it mean we have to rent a new server with full acess to make this work?

17. Tupolov

I don't know what to say. It should work, we have had others use game servers. I would suggest you do the setup on your own PC and use that as a dedicated server AND client first. If you get it working on your own machine (and you have followed same steps on hosting server) I would contact your server provider to see if they can help.

18. Alright thanks for help anyways...if i find a solution i will post it here...

or Sign Up to reply!