Combat Support Prob

1. 9 years ago
    Edited 9 years ago by SlammanDan

Hello. I Have A Prob With Combat Support. I Have A Mission With Modules For CAS And Transport, Those All Work Fine, But As Soon As I Add An Empty Chopper Synched To Combat Support Module, With Proper Code As It Says In The Wiki (this setvariable ["CS_TYPE","TRANSPORT"]; this setvariable ["CS_CALLSIGN","SKYHAWK"];) The Combat Support Option Disappears From My Tablet.
    I Have A Few Missions That I Have Done This Way, They All Worked Previously (Haven't Been Playing In A Long While). Now None Of The Missions Done This Way Work. So I'm Thinking That An Alive Update May Have Changed This?

P.S. GREAT MOD!!!
    Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated!
    Thanks
    Dan

2. You cannot have an empty chopper, it must be manned by a crew.

3. Im Sorry, My Bad. They Are Not Empty, They Are All Crewed. Thanks For The Reply. So Im Having The Prob Above, But With Crewed Choppers, Not Empty.

Thanks Again For Any Help On This, I Have A Few Mission I Did This Way, Many Hours Work, That Now Do Not Work. :(

Dan

4. Edited 9 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I'm getting the same error, guessing it's a bug as it works perfectly fine with ARTY.

Cannot get it to work with "TRANSPORT", "CAS".

To get your missions to work I would just switch it back to using the classname method until this is resolved.

5. I Use Triggers For Different Things, That Do Not Work When Using The Modules. Anyway They Wouldn't Work With Past Versions. I Will Have To Give Them A Try. For Instance I Use Triggers To Open And Close Choppper Doors. I Know There Is A Different Way Of Doing This, I Just Don't Know How! LOL

Dan

6. Friznit

24 Mar 2015 Administrator
    Edited 9 years ago by Friznit

Will try and repro. There's no reason why this shouldn't work because we've not changed anything in that module - unless BIS updated a command somewhere!

Please can you add a ticket to our bug tracker on DH?

7. Ok I Added A Ticket To DH, Hopefully I Did It Right!

Thanks Again!
    Dan

8. Is There A Way To Download Older Version Of Alive To Get Around This Until Fixed

9. Using PlayWithSix you can download ALiVE and then revert back to older versions, if you don't want to use PlayWithSix then you can take the older version of ALiVE it downloaded and just throw that in your standard mod folder.

10. Awesome! Thanks For That I Am Going To Try Different Versions, Find Out When It Broke.

11. Ok....Reverted To 9.4.....Combat Supports Works Correctly. The Last Two Versions Do Not (9.5 & 9.6)

12. Friznit

28 Mar 2015 Administrator

Thanks for adding the ticket. Have repro'd. This is possible something to do with us adding an init code line to the CS modules, but syncing any vehicle to the CS module seems to break it. We'll investigate.

Out of interest, under what circumstances do you need to manually add a crewed vehicle to Combat Support, instead of using the module and adding an init line in that?

13. Trying To Get AI To Get In Chopper With Waypoint Or Assign To Cargo Does Not Work With Module. Also I Use Triggers To Check If Engine Is On. Now I Might Be Able To Do This With The Code Line, I'm Just Not Sure How. I Did The Script For Opening And Closing Doors At Certain Elevation And Got That Working Fine.

14. GunnyDev

31 Mar 2015 Administrator

Thanks for reporting, fixed in Dev branch.

15. Alright! Thank You Sir!

Dan

or Sign Up to reply!