My alive mission keeps loading forever on dedicated server.

1. 9 years ago
    Edited 9 years ago by bvbo

My mission works on LAN w/portforwarding for my friends and I, but when i try to use it on my dedicated server in the console it keeps loading over and over again. Other alive missions work. But the ones i make don't work on the dedicated server. I use plenty of mods so here is a list:
    AGM, ALIVE, AiA, TFAR, MCC, RHS, some massi factions, CAF.
    Those are the main mods i have some other ones that should not conlfict like camofaces.
    No Alive modules are grouped but are synced, the only other modules are agms and they aren't grouped. So if you can help that would be great!

2. When you say the mission keeps loading over and over again, do you mean in the server console it says "missionname.map loaded from bank"
    "missionname.map loaded from bank"

Over and over?

If so then that means you must load all of the necessary mods onto the server aswell.

3. Yes Thats what it said but im sure i have all of the necessary mods, i will double check.

4. Well now that i checked, i refreshed and 2 mods unchecked so i rechecked them and tried loading it up, now im stuck at a loading screen (Just like last time). So i check the console and it says im not even connecting or loading up the mission, just nothing is there.

5. So your dedi starts ok, you try to start the alive mission and you get stuck at the loading screen?

This is typically caused by one of the following:

1. Modules are not synced correctly. Ensure ALiVE modules are properly synced (F5) in the editor and not Grouped (F2). The editor loves to group modules so always double check.

2. The Virtual AI Commander (OPCOM) cannot find any groups in the addon faction config. Check that the AI Commander has at least one Placement module with the same faction in the override box, the classname is spelt correctly and the addon is in the list of Supported Factions.

3. The Virtual AI Commander (OPCOM) cannot find any objectives on the map or within the TAOR. Try expanding the TAOR and use debug on the Placement modules to check some objectives show. Check that the map is in the list of Supported Maps. Note that sometimes maps are updated and the indexing is out of date.

4. Troubleshooting: if in doubt, always test with vanilla factions (e.g. OPF_F and BLU_F) and ideally a vanilla map (e.g. Altis) to rule out any issues with your ALiVE installation or setup.

6. I fixed it thanks for the help.

7. For reference what did you fix?

8. Spyder Blacks fixed worked. I refreshed the mods and bam 2 were missing, Then i got the not connecting thing, to fix that i just reset my dedicated server tool and it worked after that.

9. Roger thanks!

or Sign Up to reply!