First player into mission hangs, and Zeus not working

1. 9 years ago
    Edited 9 years ago by osiris

Been struggling a bit with the first player onto my server. The mission starts loading and then will hang. At this point, the player has to exit via killing arma. If the player then connects a second time, it will get to a point to where you can hear things around the player, and even walk, but what the player sees is the loading screen. Now, to get out of this, the player has to kill arma through the task manager. After a third connection, the mission loads and plays as it should.

Now, thinking that it's the server just getting the mission loaded and going, I waited an hour after the first connect and tried the second, no go, had to go a third time

Also Zeus, simply makes a bell sound when I hit Y when logged into the server as admin.

I do not get this when I host the mission on my local PC and the first player connects there, also Zeus works fine.

So am I missing anything with this server configuration?

2. Are you sure it's hanging when 1st player joins? I've heard of large ALiVE missions taking up to 10 minutes to initialize and load the player into the game. I would try again and wait at least 10 minutes .. then if it's still hung we'll need to see your server's RPT file (post to pastebin and link here)

3. Yeah, I started the server up, it is set to load only this mission. I connected and joined the mission, it hung after downloading the mission, I waited like 15 minutes. Then I went to watch the new Hobbit movie on PPV (which is like what 2.5hrs?)and then came back.. it was still on the mission loading screen (it said the mission was fully downloaded, but progress bar was still there, hit esc and then rejoined the server. At this point the server was still in "creating". Waited, heard things going on around me and my footsteps, but no visuals, just the loading screen. Went to go grab a quick dinner, back in 15 or so and I'm in.

So it looks like the mission just flat out fails to start the first time a user connects, but a subsequent connect kicks it off properly. The entire rpt file is too large to put on pastebin, let me see if I can find an alternative

4. We need your rpt to see what it says. Also, did you read the sticky'd post in this forum. Should be at the very top of the page. Might want to take a look into that because that might be the issue.

5. Edited 9 years ago by SpyderBlack723

@dixon13 We need your rpt to see what it says. Also, did you read the sticky'd post in this forum. Should be at the very top of the page. Might want to take a look into that because that might be the issue.

Post doesn't show up for me in the all-section of the forums anymore. Heres the link just in case osiris can't find it.
    http://alivemod.com/forum/636-infinite-load-screen-see-here

Edit: Now it is showing, w/e lol

6. ^ does that to me too.. it's a tricky one!

or Sign Up to reply!