alive civi problem

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago
    Deleted 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS
  3. highhead

9 Apr 2016 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by highhead

depends on which classes they use and where the map-objects are placed. We indexed CUP Takistan, so it may differ. Are you getting performance warnings on startup in your RPT?

4. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@highhead depends on which classes they use and where the map-objects are placed. We indexed CUP Takistan, so it may differ. Are you getting performance warnings on startup in your RPT?

Yeah the ususal warning of having more than 80 objectives which I think is just tied to me not filtering OPFOR's mil/civ placement modules enough. I find (with confirmation more of less from Spyder) that missions play fine if kept under 120 total objectives or so.

I actually expected more, TBH. I have 100 for Force Pool in the Civ Module and 30 Force Pool in the Mil Modue for OPFOR and generally expect something over 100+ objectives with that combination, along with my typical BLUFOR settings, without much filtering on most other maps.

I was actually going to ask you what kind of OPFOR Force Pool numbers you like on that map in general for insurgencies. I'm thinking of making it 100 total with 2 Civilian Placement modules (on Extreme) so there's ample recruits but the mission isn't an instant firefight when the battle begins. 130 OPFOR Force Pool is sort of nuts on mission start. By the time you make it to that first main city from the northern most airport with the mosque, about 500 km just north of the road while you're heading south you just get bombarded with Insurgents that have the advantage because they come over the mountains and have the high ground.

Though if AiA is indexed differently, your numbers may not reflect my numbers since CUP appears to be different I guess.

Also wondering if I should switch it to CUP because you guys reindexed it and I'm having an unsolvable error spam issue currently in my rpts.

5. Deleted 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS
  6. Edited 8 years ago by swatter555

I haven't played the vanilla campaign, so I don't know what should or should not be occupied on Altis, but there were other settlements not indexed also.

I wonder if my problems with Takistan come from some sort of data corruption using Steam Workshop. I have heard of people having severe problems with CUP maps that are downloaded that way.

7. I started the game with only CUP Core, Maps, and ALIVE (plus CBA I think). I started a clean Takistan with only core Alive modules plus population and civ placement at default settings. I got Highhead's results, everything seemed to work.

I am going to see if I can pinpoint when I break it.

8. Please keep us posted Swatter and thanks for fighting the good fight! I love that map so if there's an odd issue, I'd definitely want it to be taken care of.

or Sign Up to reply!