Adding ALiVE Player/Combat Support to Existing Mission

1. 7 years ago

Hey guys,
    I've tried to add the ALiVE Player/Combat support modules to an existing mission, namely BMR Insurgency 1.45 Tanoa.
    Since we are only very few players on our Server, often only me :(, I wanted to add some more options to call in support to the mission (e.g. Heli-Transport and supply drops of troops/vehicles/equipment).

This is how I started:
    I've placed the ALiVE Required and Virtual AI modules;
    a military AI Commander for the players faction synced to a military logistics module and a military placement (obj. only);
    Then I've added the Combat support module with a synced CS-Transport module;

The combat support for the heli transport is working fine.
    But the Logistics Support (?), e.g. ordering troops/vehicles via airdrop/heli insertion from within the commanders tablet does not work. It gives a chat cofirmation that troops are being sent or however it is called but:

• Soldiers/vehicles requested as airdrop do not show up at all
    • Soldiers/vehicles requested as heli insertion: The heli sometimes shows off and confirms that he dropped the reinforcements, but nothing shows up.

Sadly I'm not at my computer right now, so I cannot provide more details at this point, but maybe someone of you tried the same already or has a clue what might be causing the system to not provide the requested stuff.

I can upload screenshots/.rpt later when I'm back home.

2. Your AI Commander doesn't think you have any troops available to send because you kind of don't. This is because you have the mil obj module set to objectives only and not "place units."

At least this is what I would assume based on how you said you set it up.

3. Read the last paragraph here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Military_Logistics

4. Ok, I've made some more tests:

Player Combat Support (CAS/Transport/Respawn) is working fine.

The issue lies within Player Combat Logistics:
    The Helicopter/VTOL Resupply option (where a heli lands to bring you troops) works fine.
    But the Airdrop option is not working for units. It is showing all the correct messages and confirmation in chat, but no units are being dropped at the coordinates.
    I've tried it with basic NATO ammo and that worked, which makes me somehow believe the units listed are not really available.

Also I could not select the "Air Transport Assets-->Side and Faction" in the Military Logistics Module. It always jumped back to "Faction Only".

or Sign Up to reply!