["SYS_PLAYER: PLAYER UNIT NOT FOUND IN PLAYABLEUNITS(playername)"]

1. 7 years ago

Hey,

the first player that joins this one "huuuge" mission that is running on my dedicated server makes the server go ["SYS_PLAYER: PLAYER UNIT NOT FOUND IN PLAYABLEUNITS(playername)"] but then by going back to lobby and joining the mission using the same player slot makes the server go ALiVE SYS_PLAYER - PLAYER UNIT FOUND IN PLAYABLEUNITS (playername)

When a player is not found in PLAYABLEUNITS ALiVE doesn't recognize the player as one profile among other (ALiVE) profiles and this is a slight problem (at least for this particular mission).

I did a test with the latest @CBA and @ALiVE only just to confirm that when the server is running a "small" mission and thus not 'crumbling' under all the pressure of loading ALiVE assets the human player is found easily in the PLAYABLEUNITS

Would someone happen to have a suggestion how to circumvent the problem I'm describing here without having to resort to making smaller missions?

2. Does your mission do this consistently when the first player joins or is it hit or miss? I assume the 2nd, 3rd, etc players do not experience this issue? How are you starting your server? ie: autoinit

In heavy MSO missions we used to have the admin launch and join the server first, let it get settled down, then have players join.

Perhaps post your server's RPT file to pastebin and link back here.

3. The behavior seems to be consistent, always happens to the first player(s) that happen(s) to join the mission when it begins.

Yesterday we were two players testing the mission. We were both waiting in the screen where the map is displayed so we both joined the mission at the same time when I clicked continue. And both of our profiles got the ["SYS_PLAYER: PLAYER UNIT NOT FOUND IN PLAYABLEUNITS(playername)"] treatment.

These are the startup parameters for the server.

./arma3server -config=server.cfg -filePatching -mod=@CBA_A3\;@IFA3LITE\;@ALiVE\;@ASR_AI3\;@task_force_radio

I have to say I didn't even know what this autoinit was until I took a quick search just now :)

Here's a paste I went to grab for the sake of getting one: http://pastebin.com/hgpN7P0Y

4. Several of us have the same issue with larger missions.

Take a look at this

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/66

5. @eric963 Several of us have the same issue with larger missions.

Take a look at this

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/66

Hey, and thanks for the heads-up eric.

As per the GitHub report and that if I just understood the report correctly the issue could lie somewhere in the player persistence.

I did a few tests with the same mission I used to do the report here while concentrating on the aspects @incontinenetia had reported in that GitHub issue.

To test the reported aspects I disabled all the persistence options I could find in the five ALiVE modules I have placed in my mission. I especially made sure that every Player Persistence option in the module ALiVE Player Options (ALiVE_SYS_player_options) was set to NO.

Since there wasn't much else to do I copied the mission to my dedicated server and went on to test the mission start sequence.

From the test I conclude that out of the every fresh mission start (4 or 5) I made the issue I report here still persists even with all the possible persistence options disabled.

Here are the differences stored in server RPT when:

all the persistence options are left to their defaults

12:53:19  Mission id: b69b9fb663e8d32b8f8c9d2c0687e16f7b0eb38f
    12:53:19 Game started.
    12:53:19 ALiVE SYS_PLAYER - EXITING AS SERVER IS UNIT CONNECTING OR UID IS NIL
    12:53:19 "Null playerUID sent to getPlayerByUIDOnConnect"
    12:53:19 ALIVE AI Distributor exiting, no headless clients [] or not server false
    12:53:19 Weather was forced to change
    12:53:19 ALiVE [m_54|220] Module ALiVE_sys_weather INIT COMPLETE TIME:  12.703
    12:53:19 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" started.
    12:53:19 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" finished successfully.
    12:53:21 "ALiVE - Starting Garbage Collector..."
    12:53:25 ["SYS_PLAYER: PLAYER UNIT NOT FOUND IN PLAYABLEUNITS(Asmodeus)"]
    12:53:29 ALiVE [m_47|190] Module ALiVE_mil_logistics INIT COMPLETE TIME:  24.339
    12:53:29 ALiVE [m_48|190] Module ALiVE_mil_logistics INIT COMPLETE TIME:  24.256

in this case leaving the mission by going back to lobby and joining the mission again with the same or different soldier slot will produce these three additional lines

Unaccessible
    12:54:08 ALiVE SYS_PLAYER - PLAYER UNIT FOUND IN PLAYABLEUNITS (lt_4)
    12:54:08 DATA: Restoring player data for lt_4

all the persistence options are disabled

11:30:10  Mission id: a5b7fbf7e46715bb753d28d949a5031ea649343b
    11:30:10 Game started.
    11:30:10 ALiVE SYS_PLAYER - EXITING AS SERVER IS UNIT CONNECTING OR UID IS NIL
    11:30:10 "Null playerUID sent to getPlayerByUIDOnConnect"
    11:30:10 ALIVE AI Distributor exiting, no headless clients [] or not server false
    11:30:10 Weather was forced to change
    11:30:10 ALiVE [m_54|220] Module ALiVE_sys_weather INIT COMPLETE TIME:  11.163
    11:30:10 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" started.
    11:30:10 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" finished successfully.
    11:30:12 "ALiVE - Starting Garbage Collector..."
    11:30:20 ALiVE [m_47|190] Module ALiVE_mil_logistics INIT COMPLETE TIME:  22.962
    11:30:20 ALiVE [m_48|190] Module ALiVE_mil_logistics INIT COMPLETE TIME:  21.81

in this case leaving the mission by going back to lobby and joining the mission again with the same or different soldier slot will produce these two additional lines

Unaccessible
    11:31:53 ALIVE Profile Handler - Register Profile [player_0]

Don't ask me what Unaccessible appearing in both cases is supposed to be.

So concluding from the test I made I don't see how this is ALiVE's persistence problem.
    To me it would seem more like ALIVE Profile Handler problem but to what module that is tied to or is that particular functionality somewhere "deeper" in the modifications framework?

or Sign Up to reply!