Using 'Other Factions...slightly confused!

1. 6 years ago

I loaded ORBAT creator to get the faction names.

Example (BLUE)

UK3CB_BAF_Faction
    CUP_B_GB
    Bravo93_UKAF

Example (RED)
    SUD_SD
    CUP_O_Tban
    ISC_IS_I
    ISC_IS_O
    CUP_INS_ASIA

CIVVIES
    CUP_C_ME
    CUP_C_Special

I'll use Blue Mil Placement(MIL.OBJ)

I set the following:

Force Faction: BLU_F

and used CUP_B_GB to 'override the Infantry etc etc

Same process for the RED (OPF_F), but used

Force Faction : OPF_F

then used a combination of the units listed above

Go into game and get

TACOM: no Groups availible

Use ZUES and there are no spawned BLUE or RED units down the left side

Remove the 'other units' , just have the force faction correctly filled out and all is fine

What have I missed, yet again!!

Many thanks

2. Guys,

The above is wrong.....I think I have got it sorted...hopefully

Sorry about that

3. ..Hmm nope, still cannot get other factions to spawn....drat!

4. Well, no luck at all, so going to need some points on how to get this to work

Thanks, once again

5. It’s almost impossible to know what the problem is with the information given. I have a ton of missions on Steam so I think just open one of those to see an example of module usage.

Here’s one that use 3CB: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=959690876

PBO is linked on the page.

6. Thanks

Got the PBO, how do I open it in the editor?

7. I use this tool, super easy to use: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

8. OK, got it, Opened Insurgency /Alive from SpyderBlack, yours for some reason would not open.

AI MIL commander : Rebel RED
    Mil Placement : OPF_G_F
    CIV Placement : OPF_G_F

that's fine, but what I'm struggling with is how do I get any of these:
    SUD_SD
    CUP_O_Tban
    ISC_IS_I
    ISC_IS_O
    CUP_INS_ASIA

to spawn and only them, I do not know where to place the faction name.

So if I want ISC_IS_I as the 'red team' where do I place 'ISC_IS_I' so that only they appear in the game on the red team.

Another example might be I want ISC AND Tban to appear and only them, where do I place their faction name

Hope that is clearer

Many Thanks

9. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

There’s no reason mine won’t open. I do it all the time with that very tool. Anyway...

My best guess is you’re putting multiple factions in the objective modules and it is not allowed. The commander supports multiple factions of the SAME SIDE
    (separated by a comma with no spaces...example BLU_F,BLU_T_F), but each objective module can only have one faction.

10. Right, understand that now, so using my examples above how do you know they are of the same side.

11. Using CUP_O_Tban as an example. I place this in the Mil and CIV placement modules, now what faction do I 'activate' in the AI commander module?

12. OK I think I have got it...phew

Using Factions as numbers, its easier

Example

AI commander has Factions 1,2 and 3 as overrides

In each placement module you can use either 1 OR 2 OR 3
    and that will spawn.

Now, if you use faction 4 in the placement module, then that will not spawn; you have then to place faction 4 in the AI commander override.

Hopefully that is correct.

Also if one of the factions is not on the correct side AND you use it in the placement module, then that will also not spawn.

Next question then!!

If the AI commander has factions 1, 2, and 3 then will it 'randomly' select for these factions for missions and patrols

thanks

or Sign Up to reply!