Deplying HQ help / and Ai squad members

1. 9 years ago

Hi
    I'm using the demo assymetric warfare mission that came with the recent update. Alive Insurgency Redux.
    When I look at the mission in the editor the squad I lead are set to playable - which should mean that they will be default Ai unless another player is with me. However in the lobby the player slots are empty. Is there a way to change this?

And also - can you give me any guidance on how to move the HQ. I can only deploy or pack... but how do I bring it out in the field?

Thank you

2. In the description.ext change the line that says

disabledAI = true;

to

disabledAI = false;

3. Thanks SB, that should do it!

Any hints on the HQ deployment.
    It looks like just a container to be loaded or sling loaded into an area - but how or what support do you call in for this? In this mission only the airdrop support is available from the combat logistics which has many options of structures and stuff - but no HQ.

4. I've never bothered with it , sorry. Maybe I can take a look tomorrow or something if nobody else responds.

5. Thanks. Seems like it would be a great feature if you could call and have it air lifted in using combat logistics.

However there is the medic feature of setting up an HQ as well if all else fails.

Cheers

6. Friznit

21 Apr 2015 Administrator

Has to be lifted by a player pilot afaik

7. yea that's how it seems. too bad. as single player it would be nice to be able to call it in.

8. Friznit

I think it's just a script called in the init line of the object. You could conceivably add it to the code line in a Combat Support module and 'fly' it in that way.

9. would the init line be applied to all objects that are the same?
    I noticed there a LOT of objects you can have airdropped in using the Combat Logistics. If you were to call in this specific object, would the init line (assuming this is what makes it able to change into a respawn point) come with it? -even though the 'original' HQ is still sitting back at base?

10. Yes, you should be able to call an init on all instances of an object.. using the method in this thread http://alivemod.com/forum/1001-issues-with-custom-inits

You can add an init to be applied to all objects of a certain classname even if they are spawned in mid mission. There might be a better way to do it in this case but it would be out of my knowdledge if there is.

11. this is already out of MY knowledge! but I think I can figure it out from here!

thanks for the help guys!
    Alive supporter for life! haha

12. Friznit

I was suggesting a combat support heli, not combat logistics

13. Ah, I have no idea what this function even does so I am just throwing stuff out there right now lol.

or Sign Up to reply!