IED not triggering?

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by Twelvecaliber

I have noticed that when in the Asymmetric mode, in the recruitment HQ there are often explosives placed as a kind of trap, usually IED's of varying sizes though i have seen demo blocks used as well. However i can walk up to them freely and they don't seem to explode? Is this intentional or a bug? It seemed to make logical sense that within the premise of the game this was to act as a "self destruct" mechanism of sorts for forces coming to destroy the HQ's.

Side note: On a slightly different question, but i didnt want to make a whole new thread about. What does it take to actually destroy a HQ or depot. I have destroyed the building that the HQ was marked as on the map. However the debug "Recruitment HQ" marker doesn't dissapear, at what point does the Opcom recognize it as destroyed?

2. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I believe the IED's and explosives placed are used for the "retreat" order which is used to selff destruct all buildings in an area once insurgents lose control anf choose to fallback.

3. @SpyderBlack723 I believe the IED's and explosives placed are used for the "retreat" order which is used to selff destruct all buildings in an area once insurgents lose control anf choose to fallback.

If this is true, that's an awesome feature.

4. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

From what I understand from browsing the code during boredom yes, I also think highhead (or maybe it was tupolov idk) mentioned it aswell in the ALiVE Skype group. I have never seen it in action but I do know for sure it should at the very least delete the recruitment hq's and weapon depots from the area, as for the recruitment HQ's actually detonating I am unsure of this but it would be pretty cool :).

Actually the more I think about it, I think they will explode when the Insurgents use the "retreat" command. I remember Highhead saying "the explosives shouldn't explode..yet".

5. Friznit

1 May 2015 Administrator

Also they need to teach their recruits how to build IEDs. They probably don't want them to explode their students....

6. My group tried a Takistan version of this with Leights OPFOR and we didnt really see any IEDs, suicide bombers, or civilians being recruited, not HQs

7. Did use a headless option on one of the modules could this be the problem?

8. No headless only works for CQB module right now.

Next version (should be released very soon™) has lots of improvements/fixes for this so perhaps wait for the update. If you still experience these issues we'll need to see your server RPT file and a copy of your mission.

or Sign Up to reply!