Persistence and CQB / TRACE

1. 8 years ago

I've noticed that the CQB TRACE areas I clear do not seem to persist after I rejoin/restart a mission. Areas that turned green before an admin save and exit are red again after a reload. I saw this specifically with the Insurgency Revived mission, and was able to recreate it with a simple test mission.

Has anyone else seen that behavior or is that by design? The CQB module is not synced to anything nor do I have a TAOR. It's marked for the entire map and persistence is enabled.

This is my sever report:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4cc770jv9dy3be4/arma3server_2015-05-10_19-01-45.rpt.txt?dl=0

Thanks for any help!

2. I'm currently having some funny persistence issues and this is one of them. Fairly certain it's an issue on my end though, it's also not returning my player to the last saved position or loadout, however War Room updates with all the information from the session, hence why I think it's a mod conflict or connection issue or something. Planning on messing around with it today to see if i can narrow it down.

3. Could be wrong but I don't think they are supposed to stay green/cleared permanently. It's also possible it just isn't configured to be persistent aswell.

4. Yeah my issue appears to be AGM related, my bad!

5. This happening to me aswell, we also use AGM. What was the issue and how did you fix it please?

6. In all honesty I'm not entirely sure. I tried removing some of AGM's pbos in case it was being caused by something that we weren't using anyway but to no avail. Think in the meantime I'll just be going back to using CSE until they release ACE3. CSE seems to work just fine. I'd go through and check all your logs though, RPT and the Alive Server Log in case it's anything obvious, I've definitely seen people using AGM with ALiVE in the past so it must be do-able somehow. Pretty sure AGM has some functions to save your loadout as well which I would have thought was the root of the problem but apparently not since I tried deleting those too. Unless it's something in the Core pbo that's doing it. Bit of a pain really! Sorry this isn't much help haha.

7. I used ACE with ALiVE just fine, but I switched over to the unofficial version of ACE so it's very possible that AGM has just been collecting bug after bug since being dropped of support.

8. Yeah I figured as much. Had no idea that ACE actually had test versions available to download though, will definitely need to look into that, cheers!

9. There is one on PW6 that is pretty good. Not sure if any outside of PW6. If you can't find any and want me to upload the PW6 version I can.

10. The PW6 link doesn't seem to be working, if you get a chance to upload it at some point though let me know, that'd be awesome!

11. I believe ACE3 asked all unofficial builds be removed from the internet so that's probably why it got removed.

12. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Should be released anyday now anyway. I was gonna upload it but after what Dixon said I'll hold off. Probably means they are extremely close to release (github is at 100% completion).

13. Hrm, bummer. The persistence of my load out, position, etc all are working fine and I'm using vanilla + alive only. Only the TRACE seems to be not persisting. From the wiki it sounds like they should only turn back to red after they've possibly been reoccupied or traveled through. I save and exit right in one of the cleared areas, reload and it's red.

Not the end of the world and certainly possible I'm doing something wrong.

14. Friznit

12 May 2015 Administrator

TRACE doesn't have persistence

15. Awesome, looking forward to the official release. Thanks for the confirmation on TRACE as well.

16. I'll just leave this here..

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?191716-ACE3-A-collaborative-merger-between-AGM-CSE-and-ACE

or Sign Up to reply!