Terrorist Cells, performance, and supported factions

1. 8 years ago

If i have a map that is primarily opfor vs blufor, is there a way (without an AI commander, and that is good for performance) to spawn terrorists in areas of the map to fight both sides? Adding on to that, do i need an AI Commander with the terrorists in order to spawn in IEDs with ambushes?

When i have 3 ai commanders (ind, opfor, blufor) and i am using the entire map (isla duala), i get a shit ton of lag during the entire thing, i try reducing the amount of soldiers, there is much less combat and i do not like that. If i reduce the objectives to spawn at, it seems to clump all of the soldiers together which is a lag fest when i get near them. Is there any other way to reduce lag?

Is leights opfor faction pack supported (ik it is not on the wiki)? he has a section in his mod that has the faction names for alive.

Whenever i use custom objectives, no soldiers spawn there, i turn on debug but nothing pops up?

Why do ieds not explode when someone is near them?

Can anyone explain how to make R3F logistics work with alive and work with mods?

Finally, is there a reason why Alive spawned independents and civilians do not have markers in zues?

2. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

1 - AI Commander (set to asym) is required for Insurgency and to control any ALiVE AI groups

2 - lag - try and reduce the distance where AI spawn (under Virtual AI module). Set it to 1000m for units, and heli, and 0 for planes. Make sure you are using a dedicated server as this is the single best performance increase you can hope for

3 - yes leights opfor faction is supported, not sure why it's not on wiki

4 - custom objectives - you need to specify the number of groups to spawn at each custom objective - in the module you will see entries for each type of group (inf, mot, mech, etc).

5 - not sure might need more info

6 - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180049-R3F-Logistics&p=2826015&viewfull=1#post2826015

7 - I don't think that is limited to just IND and CIVS - if you are using Zeus you will need to add units spawned by ALiVE to the list of units that Zeus can control. Something like this in your init.sqf or initServer.sqf

while {true} do {
    	{ 
    		if (side _x == CIV) then 
    		{ 
    			myZeus addCuratorEditableObjects [[_x],true];
    		}; 
    		if (side _x == independent) then 
    		{ 
    			myZeus addCuratorEditableObjects [[_x],true];
    		};
    	} foreach allUnits;
    	sleep 15;
    };
  3. Deleted 8 years ago by DaVidoSS
  4. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

To piggy back on making R3F Logistics work, you must name the ALiVE (Required) module to LOGIC_ALIVE along with the code changes Savage linked.

Why do ieds not explode when someone is near them?

As far as I know this is how the different types of explosives are detonated within asymmetric
    IED's (actual IED's) - explode when a player is within range
    Charges (C4 placed on the road) - explodes when a vehicle of any type is in range

or Sign Up to reply!