Difference between mil/civ and custom objectives

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by BlackAlpha

What's the difference between creating a mission with military/civilian objectives and only using custom objectives? Will some functionality not work properly if you only use custom objectives (insurgency for instance)?

Main reason I'm asking this is because I'm thinking of creating a mission using only custom objectives to get more control over the objectives. Using mil/civ modules, the north west part of Altis is mostly empty, while the south west part gets very crowded.

2. I've actually never tried a custom objectives only mission but I can't think of anything that wouldn't work properly. Make sure you set one to spawn an HQ (for each side) especially if you are using logistics, and be sure to sync the modules properly to the AI commanders. You'll also need to make sure you have some troops to spawn in - you can set # of groups on the custom objective or throw down some editor-placed groups and sync to the Virtual AI module.

3. What about the mil logistics module? When you put the reinforcements on dynamic, does it also check custom objectives when deciding where to insert?

4. Yes if size and priority fits its demands.

5. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Yes it does, as long as it can find a suitable building

edit: that might have been the fastest chain of messages you will ever see on here

6. lol we fast

or Sign Up to reply!