Stuck in loading screen

1. 8 years ago

Hi guys,

Okay, so I am seeming to have a relatively big problem with running ALiVE mod on my server, whilst if starting the same scenario with the same mods in the startup line locally on my ArmA3 Client, it works completely fine. What practically happens is no errors - I am just stuck in the loading screen after the briefing/map menu. I can hear the ambient sounds like weather sounds and stuff in-game, but I cannot actually see a thing.

If it helps, I am running the server on a ViLayer hosted VPD. I don't know if there may be any ports that needs to be opened or something.

Okay, so the pastebin-ish thingies here:
    RPT - https://paste.ee/p/eKIie
    AliveServer.log - https://paste.ee/p/lPnJ3
    mission.sqm - https://paste.ee/p/rKheb

The description.ext is as follows:

respawn = "BASE";
    respawndelay = "10";
    respawnvehicledelay = "20";
    disabledAI = "1";

My startup parameter is as follows:

"-profiles=C:\armaserver\A3Master" "-bepath=C:\armaserver\battleye" -port=2302 -config=CONFIG_server.cfg -world=empty "-mod=@Airborne_Chutes;@alive;@AliveServer;@CBA_A3;@Cha_AV8B;@CSE;@mcc_sandbox;@mrt_accfncs;@task_force_radio;@TPW_MODS;@TVTMP;@VNAF;@WLA Addon;@XLib;@XMedSys"

I have tried resetting all of the ALiVE modules in the scenario, but that shouldn't need to be required either, as the scenario perfectly works when launched from my client (now, I know that the client-run MP-missions function differently from the server-run MP-missions - why, I don't know).

Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated.

PS: Yes I have checked out the wiki's Troubleshooting-tips for this exactly problem, but without any luck.

2. Possible missing the Virtual AI module. RPT is spammed with "ALiVE OPCOM Waiting for Virtual AI System..."

3. I'm guessing there is an issue related to that in someway, shape, or form.

4. Oh, did you install the necessary files required for the War Room because it seems like you are trying to get your mission to run with the War Room?

5. Yeah, I've installed everything as instructed in War Room.

6. And Virtual AI module IS in fact on the map.

7. However, I alt-tabbed out of the game to watch a movie, and when the movie was over, I went back into ArmA 3. I suddenly saw the briefing screen with lots of markers on the map. I pressed continue, and guess what... After 1 hr+ of waiting in the loading screen it finally loaded. Now my only question is: why does it take so long to load the map? Is it just me experiencing this or should it take that long for the server to load the scenario modules?

8. Well with ALiVE it could very well take that long. Configure the settings and optimize ALiVE. Maybe turn down the enemy count and etc. The issue could also have to do with what kind of hardware you got. Maybe the hardware on your server needs to be better to run ALiVE smoother. One thing that could help too is to shrink the TAOR markers so they don't cover the entire map.

9. Well, as I said, it is a virtual dedicated server, with the following virtual specs: 4gb RAM and a 3.8 ghz CPU.

10. Usually that long of a load time means there are too many placement modules and/or objectives... if you are playing on Altis try going into the various military and civilian placement modules and filtering out small and/or low priority objectives.

You could also try disabling the persistence on the modules, remove @aliveserver from your mod line and test... just to rule out any issues there.

11. What is very weird for me is that when I load the scenario up locally with @aliveserver on my client, it doesn't take long for it to load.

12. Edited 8 years ago by henoik

Well, okay. It was only the first time it used so long to load.

EDIT: Nevermind... It takes as long to load from the loading screen after the map screen. The only difference now is that the map markers was up, making me believe it took so long to load.

I don't know yet if it takes this long for everybody to load the server, or just for the first client joining (the first client joining triggers the whole scenario to load I guess :P)

13. Friznit

2 Jun 2015 Administrator

Just the first since the mission is initialising. As mentioned above, on big maps like Altis with a lot of objectives it can take a long time. Reduce the number of objectives and/or placements to speed things up.

Why it's quicker on local machines vs dedi is anybody's guess. Not even BIS know!

14. Yeah, when I asked him a yr ago, Dwarden said they didn't know why that was happening :P

15. Edited 8 years ago by onedigita

So my mission used to take a long time to load up, I changed a few things which I cant remember and now my mission can take upwards of a 30 minutes or longer to load. example 8 minutes to load the mil cqb 14 for the amb civ, 28 minutes for the mil_cqb module.

I am getting spammed these error's

2015/10/29, 12:03:44 0:18:27.829 (1.126) [x\alive\addons\sys_viewdistance\fnc_vDist.sqf:55] -ERROR- L Alpha 3-1:1

2015/10/29, 12:12:44 Error Undefined variable in expression: _state
    2015/10/29, 12:12:44 File x\alive\addons\fnc_analysis\fnc_liveAnalysis.sqf, line 514
    2015/10/29, 12:12:53 Error in expression <con = "mil_unknown";
    _text = "";
    switch(_state) do {
    case "reserve":{
    _icon = "m>
    2015/10/29, 12:12:53 Error position: <_state) do {
    _icon = "m>

2015/10/29, 12:11:34 LOP_AM_BTR60: HatchCommander - unknown animation source hatchCommander
    2015/10/29, 12:12:23 Error in expression <con = "mil_unknown";
    _text = "";
    switch(_state) do {
    _icon = "m>

16. Can you post your entire RPT to pastebin and link back here? If you are playing on dedicated server please post the server's RPT file.

or Sign Up to reply!