ALiVE blocked by Anti-hack

1. 8 years ago

So, ALiVE is being blocked by the anti-hack software on A3 Wasteland. What do I need to do to white list it? Here is the RPT entry and the folder with the anti-hack stuff.

14:05:03 "ANTI-HACK - Blocked remote execution: params=["ALIVE_fnc_logistics",false,false,false] args=[L ALiVE Modules:2,"updateObject",[896ce400# 1908358: dummyweapon.p3d,B Alpha 1-2:1 (2ndLT_Samthegreat) REMOTE]]"

Anti-hack folder

2. Dev reply:

needs to allow remote execution like BIS_fnc_MP

you can define what is allowed with BIS_fnc_MP, e.g. which commands may be executed

we actually call pre-defined ALiVE functions with BIS_fnc_MP, which also cant be recompiled during runtime for security reasons

3. highhead

15 Jun 2015 Administrator

Why is Wasteland antihacking running, if you don't have Wasteland running?

4. wasteland is running. It is for ACE3 Wasteland. I added ALiVE for some patrolling AI.

What commands/functions should I be referencing?

5. Hello, I am the guy who built the antihack that KRDucky is talking about. I have added an additional layer of security on top of BIS_fnc_MP because the filtering implemented by BIS is way too lax, and as such scriptkiddies previously abused it to demolish the server in every possible way.

I am of those that consider BIS_fnc_MP to be an abomination and strongly prefer public variable EHs instead, but I can't choose for others. So, I have looked at ALiVE's code, and many components seem to be using it for a bunch of different functions and commands. Although my filter supports prefix whitelisting (e.g. "ALIVE_fnc_"), the publicvariable.txt BE filter must also be adjusted to block anything sent to the server that begins as such (5 "^ALIVE_fnc_"). Would this cause problems for other components?

6. Dev will reply to this one... also FYI BIS_fnc_MP changes coming in 1.48 - see bottom of this page for details:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_MP

7. Tupolov

16 Jun 2015 Administrator

We should only be using ALiVE_fnc_xxx or BIS_fnc_xxx with the BIS_fnc_MP call.

Its not ideal but its where we are at today. No doubt 1.48 will mean some changes/updates/whitelisting of our own.

8. highhead

17 Jun 2015 Administrator

Hey AgentRev

I also built an additional simple bus system before we switched to BIS_fnc_MP that uses PVEHs and PVS and PVC. Mind taking a look at ALiVE_fnc_BUS and see if this would work with your AntiHacking system?
    Its rather "old" and for sure can be optimised, it basically sends code via net what is also bad, but maybe this would work with your system?

9. highhead

17 Jun 2015 Administrator

PS: Mind shooting over your wasteland mish with ALiVE and the AntiHack stuff, so I can take a look at it, maybe I can even get it to work :) Imagine Wasteland and ALiVE for ambient AI could be a nice mix!

10. @highhead PS: Mind shooting over your wasteland mish with ALiVE and the AntiHack stuff, so I can take a look at it, maybe I can even get it to work :) Imagine Wasteland and ALiVE for ambient AI could be a nice mix!

welcome to ACE3 Wasteland buddy. Ill give you the current mission pbo for both altis and bornholm. The bornholm one is broken and I dont know why yet. so, grain of salt

or Sign Up to reply!