Aggressors 2.0 Question

1. 8 years ago

This is a mod maker question:

I am updating the aggressors over the next few weeks to be even more ALiVE friendly. I want to have the randomization detect the role, if any, applied by ALiVE and have them wear clothing fitting the role. I know how to call the variable for each role already, I'm just wondering when the roles are assigned in the init process. More specific I want to know if there is a variable I can call to ensure that the civ modules are finished before checking roles and assigning clothing etc.

Thanks

2. Friznit

2 Jul 2015 Administrator

Have poked HH. He should be able to advise

3. Edited 8 years ago by AUTigerGrad

I've noticed some "shenanigans" with both the CAF Aggressors and the Leights Opfor packs in the last month or so.

I'm sure it has to do with the updates to various mods, the main game, etc. but, for example...ALiVE no longer recognizes the "caf_ag_me_t" faction name as valid when I try to use it and civilians spawn VERY sporadically and sometimes not at all.

The emblems are gone in the main editor screen for all of the CAF units/civilian types as well, which is odd.

The Leights Opfor pack, which of course many folks have complained about in regards to "weirdness" in ALiVE, has been removed from my list as well to see if it's causing any conflicts with CAF.

Any ideas on what may be causing these shenanigans? I'm only using the RHS escalation packs and ALiVE, along with the above unit packs. I think the latest ARMA update has something to do with it.

4. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

CAF hasn't been updated in awhile and has probably been kicked around pretty hard around by the Arma updates. And as you said, LOP has been causing quite a few issues lately.

Edit:

PS @Spyder: Ohally is the Author of CAF ;)

I know (was referring to AUTigerGrad statement about CAF not working properly). I can't wait for an update! :)

5. highhead

2 Jul 2015 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by highhead

Yo Ohally!

I cant tell you how happy I am that you update CAF!
    Easiest way is to let ALiVE init completely: waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_REQUIRE_INITIALISED"};

6. highhead

2 Jul 2015 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by highhead

PS: Spyder, and Tiger - Ohally is the Author of CAF ;) Im sure the update will be mega!

7. highhead

2 Jul 2015 Administrator

_role = "none";
    {if (_object getvariable [_x,false]) exitwith {_role = _x}} foreach
    ["townelder","major","priest","muezzin","politician"];
    _role;

8. Awesome. I'm anxious for the update. With the RHS insurgent pack now being outdated...Leights Opfor pack is buggy as all get out...and the Iraq/Syria conflict mod also buggy....I have zero options for insurgent units in my ALiVE missions (outside of Massi's superb African Conflict units, but that has no Middle Eastern units).

Great to hear about CAF 2.0.

9. CAF rocks, cannot wait.

10. Much love here for CAF, looking forward to it man!

or Sign Up to reply!