Need an Option to deaktivate "ALiVE_fnc_detectIED"

1. 8 years ago

Hi folks,

i need an Option to deaktivate or overwrite this function "ALiVE_fnc_detectIED".
    Is there any way to deaktivate the "detected IED within x meters" Hints?
    we are using a script and the "minedetector" beeps if it detects a mine.
    mines are:

_mines = allMines + nearestObjects [getposATL player,["ALIVE_IEDLandSmall_Remote_Ammo","ALIVE_IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Ammo","ALIVE_IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo","ALIVE_IEDLandBig_Remote_Ammo","ALIVE_DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo","ALIVE_SatchelCharge_Remote_Ammo"], 100];

working so far, but the message spoiles fun.

what can we do?
    thanks for help

wkr
    Cyborg

2. //Found some way by myself
    //_mine is one of this objects:
    /*
    ["ALIVE_IEDLandSmall_Remote_Ammo","ALIVE_IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Ammo","ALIVE_IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo","ALIVE_IEDLandBig_Remote_Ammo","ALIVE_DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo","ALIVE_SatchelCharge_Remote_Ammo"]
    */

if (!isNull ((attachedTo _mine) getvariable "Detect_Trigger")) then {deletevehicle ((attachedTo _mine) getvariable "Detect_Trigger")};
    if (str (attachedobjects _mine) != "[]") then {{if (_x == _mine getvariable "Detect_Trigger") then {deleteVehicle _x};}forEach (attachedobjects _mine);};

works fine...
    maybe you make it optional anyway?

greetz
    Cyborg

3. Friznit

28 Jul 2015 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by Friznit

Not a bad idea! I'll add a feature request (though remember we're in feature lock down, so may not make it into the next release)

4. Nice to hear that :)
    The bad news are..., my "solution" is not really working in Multiplayer?? Triggers are global, are´nt they?
    In my hosted mission it works, but on dedicated server it fails at the detected EOD Client PC? Thats Arma i guess...lol ;)

the feature would be nice to have, thx.

Cyborg

5. Tupolov

11 Sep 2015 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by Tupolov

Hi,

Shall I just add an option on the module for detection?

options - disable, text, audio (beep)

Also will put in options on the classname of the device that can detect.

6. Tupolov

12 Sep 2015 Administrator

Implemented in Dev

or Sign Up to reply!