Civilians are not spawning no matter what i do (SOLVED)

1. 8 years ago

Using the template for insurgency altis, with RHS, syrian conflict, and isla duala. It keeps saying that there is no Civ places inside the TOAR to spawn the civs in

2. I'm not sure how old that template is - might not be updated to most recent version of ALiVE. Try deleting and replacing the ALiVE modules in the mission or test with a new mission using vanilla civ faction (ie: CIV_F).

3. Deleted 8 years ago by elitexleader
  4. I tried replacing that one, changing factions, and all of the settings, it wont give me an error sometimes, but it wont spawn civs, or any ambient vehicles (even for blufor or opfor or indy)

5. It is also one of the sample missions on the site

6. What civilian faction is it using in the mission? CIV_F?

Try a test mission on Stratis with just civilians from CIV_F and see if you can get that working. Make sure to place both civilian modules

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ALiVE_Civilian

7. If it's one of the new sample missions, have you changed anything regarding the civilian modules such as it's TAOR? Are you running the latest version of ALiVE?

If nothing works try completely redoing it, delete both the civilian placement and civilian population modules and recreate the TAOR that it uses.

8. Im currently suffering with this. Trying to use caf_ag_me_civ but also tried with civ_f. Ive got the latest version and have made sure all the editor modules are new but no joy.
    Im running a Sangin but cant seem to get them on any. Has been working fine until last few days.

9. Try replacing the marker and changing it's name (remember to update in module as well) and see if that helps. Did it stop working as soon as you updated to the latest ALiVE version?

10. I'll try putting a new market down for civ placement taor marker to see if that solves it. Not entirely sure exactly when it stopped working as haven't edited for about a week and was fine last weekend

11. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Hmmm. I'll have to see on my end how existing missions are handling civ spawns with the update.

Sheeps, when you say they aren't spawning, are you debugging the module? What I actually do is start the mission in the editor and teleport around, going into the commander tablet and activating marking all units. If you see purple you are good.

I find on mission start, some places can be really really barren and empty of civs. I actually now use 3 civ placement modules in my missions so the early going isn't an empty snooze-fest.

Since the update, I can definitely attest that caf_ag_me_civ works on Sangin. I'm just not sure if AuTigerGrad had to replace the module or not.

12. Ye debug is on. It shows all the civ areas in green as usual but no civs appear. I've teleported about like a wizard and found none. I shall get back on shortly and see if I can scratch my head and figure out what probably obvious thing I've missed!

Intrigued as to your use of more than one placement. How do you have it set on Sangin?

13. Try waiting around for a bit, the civ are spawned when the marker goes to a dark green. (As long as there aren't too many civ spawned in).

14. Left it running for an hour last night. Was working fine the other day. I've probably goosed something!

15. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Go into the commander tablet and activate mark all units. This is the easiest way to see units on the map within a radius quickly.

Sangin is a horribly optimized map that just kills frames terribly. For my money it's also the best map ever made for ArmA but probably the only one I would recommend keeping the civilian placement modules reasonable on.

That said I think I'd probably have two set to extreme to start and pair it back from there based on your performance. For most maps I have 3 set to extreme (sometimes two to extreme and another on low, depending) and they handle the load just fine. I limit each module I think to 20-25.

16. Ye it's a really nice map. Development of it seems to be slow. I think I saw the guy that did it say he was having RL issues to deal with which we can appreciate.

I shall try that thanks for your help. Loving this community

or Sign Up to reply!