Military Placement for isolated homes

1. 8 years ago

I want to make a quick mission where the opfor occupies a few small houses in a rural area of Altis. It seems that the Military placement module doesn't ID the scattered houses within my TAOR marker as objectives. I assume I need to use larger towns with names etc.

Is there a way to have the AI see the isolated houses and farms within my marker area as things worth defending?

2. I'll try to post a picture, but when just placing civilians I noticed in debug that none of the house in the NW of Altis are picked up nor is the Larger town of Oreocastro.

-image-

3. You can use a custom military objective to fill any gaps or uncovered towns.

4. Thanks for the reply Spyder. I have read the wiki and the FAQ and it is unclear to me how to use that module. Do I sync it to an area marker? There is no TAOR field to fill in. I am at work right now so I can't test it.

Thanks again!

5. Friznit

17 Oct 2015 Administrator

Just place the module. The ai commander will pick it up as an objective the same as if it was a Mil Placement one. There's nothing more to explain :)

6. Ok I will try it tonight. Since I have several small homes and farms in the area I will place one for each...and test that.

Thanks again guys!

7. Make sure to sync the custom placement module with whatever AI Commander module(s) you want to send troops to that objective. You can also chose to have it as an objective only (so AI Commander will send groups to it) or have it spawn with group(s) already there. Also note there is a size/priority setting for the custom module.

8. Cool it worked thanks. I'm having trouble with some parameters though. I can't figure out how to priority and size works.

I set the priority to 100 on one module, and 50 on the other...didn't seem to effect the guys. Is a bigger number a higher priority?

When I set how many groups to spawn ALIVE doesn't totally obey. Sometimes I get additional groups spawning visible in the profiler debug.

Size is also odd. I had to set the objective size much smaller than I measured on the map as they'd spawn well beyond what I set.

9. Yes higher number equals higher priority. This setting is used by the AI Commander to determine it's objective priorities - so if you have 20 objectives for the commander it should attempt to take the higher priority ones first.

The number of groups spawned is a bit 'fuzzy' on purpose - are you setting a hard number in the module (ie: 10 motorized groups)? Note that those numbers are limits.

10. Ok I have the commander set to occupy. I have about 4 objectives, in a ~ 200 m x 200 m square. I noticed in debug that groups from other modules/objectives will immediately move to the module/objective closest to where I spawn as their enemy, even though the objective they are moving to is a lower priority (~40 vs the 60 of the other modules). Does the AI enemy commander know where I am and want to bolster troops closest to me?

11. All 4 objectives are within 200m x 200m? That might be the issue I've never tried objectives that close together. There will be overlap for the groups defending those spots.

Try setting one objective to priority 999 and see if that affects anything.

or Sign Up to reply!