AI Taking Unnecessary Casualties When Preparing Attack.

1. 8 years ago

I'd like to note this issue only happens when the regroup point is in open terrain.

I have been noticing a slightly inconvenient habit of the AI during staging for an attack. When the AI groups are regrouping and preparing to attack they do very little to save themselves from enemy fire. I sat beside one group watching them take fire from an enemy technical at about 650m away and they just went prone refusing to move.

This is by no means a huge issue as they usually react to infantry fire by engaging the enemy but when taking long range fire they seem to freeze up. It would be nice if they would attempt to retreat to cover when preparing an attack and taking fire (as this would prevent them from attacking without the commander being ready).

2. Try messing with some AI mods. The AI is pretty much vanilla AI once they spawn in, and the vanilla AI doesn't react much at a long distance fire. Several mods will cause the AI to calculate or take more aggressive defensive actions. This might effect TACOM however and could cause glitches.

3. ALiVE doesn't micromanage AI, as long as you don't use an AI mod that creates waypoints, should be fine. I personally prefer ASR.

4. Edited 8 years ago by Numrollen

We also use (at the moment, we need to investigate more :( ) ASR and it works ok (HC+Server). Only 2 thing is that they split up too often (?) and attack from too far away (ace) with iron sight. When firefights take longer we only see single enemy running/standing around. We dont know why all groups split up after a while.

Its very hard because we dont have 1 AI "mod", they all do usefull stuff but it seems that using "all" (3) causes some problems.

5. In the ASR_AI config there is a join group setting where if there are 2 or less members of a group they will join the next closest group. There may be other settings that handle how the groups split and flank (it's been a while since I've used it).

or Sign Up to reply!