Some problems with persistence and vehicle spawn location

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by tebtebteb

Hi,

i have a few problems with Alive. We use that mod just for the persistence. We also use Celle2 as a map and a couple of other mods like BWMod, ACE3 and so on.

As far as i can see (when i visit the Warroom), the connection works between the server and Warroom. The problem is, if i disconnect and reconnect (with player save from alive), i again respawn at the default respawn location. Also i have the default loadout. All vehicles also spawn back where the mission maker placed them on server restart.

Next problem we have is, that some cars spawn a few meters from their original location set by the mission maker. We used the mission before without Alive and everything was exactly where it should be but now, when i enter the mission after server start, i can see how they are all removed for a second and then put back on the map (i guess thats some Alive logic that also adds everything to Zeus). And then, lots of cars are not, where they should be. Some are only 2 meters from their original location, others more than 10-20. Of course, some vehicles then collide and explode. Dont know what to do here.

All the modules should be set correct but i just cant find the mistake.

Oh and also the "Save server and exit (admin only)" button doesnt do anything. the other 2 work

2. http://alivemod.com/forum/1493-solved-respawnonstart-1-everything-working-great-on-persistence

This thread may help you for player persistence.

Never heard of anyone using ALiVE only for persistence sake. Cool idea!

Regarding the other questions, I'll have to step aside for a more seasoned member to step in. Hopefully this can at least help you out a little.

3. Tried respawnonstart=-1 but doesnt change anything :(

4. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Hopefully someone more knowledgable than me can hop on and give you a hand. I believe this mission here has the player spawning back in their last position by default so download the mission (Dropbox for dedi's version is linked there) and check out the files:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=539871206

It wouldn't surprise me if your other issues are being caused by using a non-supported map but again, not totally sure.

5. the wiki says, Celle 2 is supported. I cannot try out the mission you linked there as i do not have all the required mods and it wouldnt make sense to download 10GB for a different scenario

6. LOL! Yeah I didn't think about the mods part. Sorry I wasn't aware your map was supported. Just hold on tight and someone will help you. Weekends can be slow around here.

7. Here's a thought. Would you really need to download any of the mods just to un-PBO the mission with PBO manager and read the files?

8. Edited 8 years ago by tebtebteb

so i used a demo mission and got it running with that one. turned out to be a problem with one of our mods so saving player state works, but when i restart the server, everything is back to where the mission maker put it. thats the only thing that is left. for testing, i use one of the missions from the alivemod website and alive mods including cba only. nothing else is running. when i click save and exit (admin only) it takes a while (the tablet comes to the second and sometimes to the third item to save) and then crashes the server and the faulty module is "ALiVEPlugIn.dll". I use the newest Alivemod from the website.

9. Do you have Alive.cfg in your root folder? This is where I keep my server.exe and all of my missions, along with my mods and @alive and @aliveserver

Grasping a straws here until the big boys pop back in. Alive.cfg should be stickied here.

10. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

Hi there - can you post your server's RPT file as well as the ALiVE log? Preferably from your test of the demo mission. Post to pastebin.com and link back here.

server.rpt - usually in the root of the A3 directory
    ALiVE_datestamp.log - should be in the @aliveserver folder

If you can't find the files at the above locations check c:\users\USERNAME\appdata\roaming\Arma 3

or Sign Up to reply!