HELP, CANT PLAY ARMA WITHOUT ALIVE

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by GalacticFudge

I recently installed alive to play a workshop mission but now whenever i have alive turned off the game doesnt load with an error that goes something like this include file x/alive/addons/main/script_mod.hpp not found which leads to a 0x00000001 unable to init dxgi launcher error reinstalling didnt help

2. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

ARMA itself won't launch without ALiVE?

3. This isn't really a problem with ALiVE - that error message means you are trying to load the ALiVE mod but it can't find the files.... I would try deleting the @alive folder in your A3 directory (if you haven't already) and verify that you aren't accidentally loading it through:

A3 Launcher
    Steam shortcut params

When you re-installed you probably didn't do a clean wipe of the A3 stuff hence the problem 'coming back' afterwards.

4. Will do, thanks for the help dude! :D

5. No worries.. if you still get the same error post your RPT file to pastebin and link it back here I will take a look.

RPT file can be found here: c:\users\USERNAME\appData\Roaming\Arma 3

6. Um i dont seem to have an Arma3 folder in appdata and ive deleted every trace of alive on my hard drive but the problem persists. Ill try a reinstall with all the files deleted

7. IT WORKED. FINNALY. THANK YOU FOR HELPING I SEARCHED FAR AND WIDE IN THE INTERNET AND I FOUND YOU. GOD BLESS YOUR EXISTANCE MR.SAVAGE

8. But seriously, thanks man. I have searched the whole internet for a solution and finnaly after a week of searching someone finnaly helped. Thanks a lot man. Merry Christmas! :D

9. Why WOULD you play Arma without Alive?

I wouldn't.

10. LOL.. .best thank you ever!! Glad I could help.

So... what did you do to fix it? Another re-install?

11. i also cant play without alive....
    because its so much better with this awesome mod :D

or Sign Up to reply!