PERSISTENCY SAVE COMMAND

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by n2-

Greetings,

Is there a way to save & shutdown sever automatically with a hard command?

i mean ALiVE save and exit command, to save the progress of the mission (persistency)
    instead of logging to server each time to press save & exit

2. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Multiplayer_Server_Commands
    https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BattlEye#Rcon

You can issue commands via the in-game chat or the rcon tool

3. Edited 8 years ago by n2-

err.. nope, i mean ALiVE save and exit command, to save the progress of the mission (persistency)
    instead of logging to server each time to press save & exit

4. Edited 8 years ago by jmlane

You can use RCon (linked above) to run #exec ["SERVERSAVE", "admin-UID-here"] spawn ALIVE_fnc_abortButton, which should do the same as clicking the save & exit button (I didn't test this myself, just going off the code).

5. Friznit

9 Jan 2016 Administrator

Let me know if it works!

6. Edited 8 years ago by n2-

admin UID meaning steam uid or alive war room uid?

errrr... doesn't seem to work sadly, may be i'm doing something wrong, but nothing shows up

7. Admin UID. I doubt you'd see anything in RCon because the save & exit function output is shown in game on the C2ISTAR tablet, so if you're not in game, you won't see anything. You can always check the server logs to make sure it's working as intended since that should hold a record of the function being executed.

8. Maybe a feature could be requested so that when you save and exit, ALiVE can write to a console, rpt, or txt file.

9. Friznit

12 Jan 2016 Administrator

It writes everything to rpt

10. @Friznit It writes everything to rpt

Whaaaaaat???? Idk that. Thanks for letting us know Friznit. All the times I have saved I have never looked at the server rpt to check to see if it logs lol.

11. Friznit

12 Jan 2016 Administrator

Really? It's hard to miss! Fire up baretail and watch the rpt after you hit save & exit, you'll see all the profiles getting saved.

12. i'm really sorry, but could you please tell me where can i find the admin UID, really confused...

13. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

(This is different for each admin on the server)

load Arma 3
    Go to Configure
    Then go to Profile
    Your UID is towards the bottom of the profile page

14. ahh so thats steam uid! thanks got it

15. errr.. doesn't really work for me

-image-

or Sign Up to reply!