No OPCOM Groups for rhs_faction_msv

1. 8 years ago

I get the error there there are no groups for the OPCOM faction rhs_faction_msv, even though the wiki says this is a supported faction.

2. Are you using any other faction mods?

3. Could you give us your RPT as well

4. Edited 8 years ago by maquez [Q-Net]

have this problem too,
    I think it has to do with the circumstance that RHS use a very uncommon group configuration.
    Many cool features of ALiVE do not work because of that.

If you have patience,
    I asked permission from RHS to build and release a compatibility patch
    for ALiVE but it needs time until release, will be freaking lot of work.

5. Yes RHS doesn't follow BIS standards when it comes to their group configs, so each release one of the ALiVE devs has to create a static mapping so that groups get spawned properly. I'm guessing a recent update messed with the configs for that particular faction.

6. I wish they would follow the standards. It would give us less headaches. They make such great content, but configs are jacked. Anyways getting off-topic. What you could do is follow the directions on this wiki page and try and generate a static map of the faction, or just wait for the next update of ALiVE.

7. They can only get away with it due to their popularity... other mod sets that don't follow convention simply don't work with ALiVE.

8. @SavageCDN They can only get away with it due to their popularity... other mod sets that don't follow convention simply don't work with ALiVE.

Sounds like maybe we should start boycotting lols

9. I kind of understand why they do it.. it's just annoying :)

or Sign Up to reply!