Help with MIL Placement

1. 9 years ago

Hey there, I just found the Alive mod by searching through the CAF Mod forums. I've been playing since the OFP days sometimes multiplayer, but mostly I just enjoy making my own little scenerios in the editor. I've never wanted to get too technical with it, so finding ALIVE mod seems to open a whole lot more options for me.

My problem is with MIL Placement, the Alive mod seems to be starting just fine, on the map in game it shows the TAOR and all military building locations, but it doesn't seem to create any units. I've downloaded the tutorial missions aswell as the insurgency map, and it doesn't seem to be working on those either. Im sure it's something blatant that I'm missing but any help would be much appreciated, Thanks!

2. Hi, you are going to love this mod.
    The most common cause of issues I had when I first started with ALiVE was not having all the required modules in, or not having some of them synced. In the example above have you synced OPCOM and the MIL Placement module? Or in some cases having them Synced when they shouldn't be has caused me issues.
    A good place to look to ensure the syncing is correct is the ALiVE wiki. On each module page it gives you the SYNC options up the top.

ST

3. ARJay

8 Nov 2014 Administrator

Also check what faction names you are using - you can find faction names in the config viewer - cfgFactionClasses in the editor, or you can have a look at the supported factions page: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions

If you still have some issues, please try to reproduce using no other mods / scripts besides CBA and ALiVE and upload it somewhere and someone will be able to have a look.

4. By OPCOM you mean the AI Commander module yes? I've definitely got the Factions right, and I've tried every combination of syncing modules to rule anything out.

It looks like the Virtual AI is starting. With debug turned on I can see; faint unit icon's (with number e1,e2 etc.), the virtual circle around my TOAR (not my marker placed), the c_1|MIL 50|550 text, and building pos. dots. Nothing seems to show up in game however, its just a ghost town.

5. ARJay

8 Nov 2014 Administrator

Turn on debug on the placement modules, and pastebin your RPT please.

6. My last RPT file was 1.4Mb, too big for pastebin. Im not exactly sure how to create RPT files manually, but that one was created 3 mins ago.

7. ARJay

8 Nov 2014 Administrator

There should be some details about ALiVE placement in there, if not upload it here in a zip

8. I uploaded the file here http://www.filedropper.com/arma32014-11-0816-01-07 hope that works.

9. ARJay

9 Nov 2014 Administrator

You have some very weird errors going on there, I suggest you redownload CBA and grab ALiVE from the website again.

10. ARJay

9 Nov 2014 Administrator

Do you need to update A3 maybe? It looks like not even Zeus is working?

11. ARJay

9 Nov 2014 Administrator

Also maybe check your A3 game files in steam.

12. After deleting @CBA from my directory, I got some weird errors on startup, wouldn't even boot vanilla Arma. Seemed like a core Arma file was directed to the @CBA folder for some reason. I just wiped the game from my drive, currently re-downloading via steam hopefully that was the issue, I will keep you posted. Thanks for the help!

13. Working like a charm after a fresh install, thanks for the help guys. This. Will. Be. Fun.

14. ARJay

9 Nov 2014 Administrator

A cool, glad you got it to work!

or Sign Up to reply!