AI commander using placed units

1. 8 years ago

Hi, I know this is very basic but I couldn't find the answer. Say my player is a soldier in a placed squad. How do I get the AI to issue waypoints and tasks to that squad commander like all the other profiled units?

2. Sync the squad to the Military AI Commander. That should fix it.

3. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Sync the group leader to the Virtual AI System module (and ensure the group is of the same faction as the commander).

4. Both of you said different things and none worked. I understand I have to sync it to the Virtual AI module so it will profile it, but then it says no groups available when trying to issue an attack command.
    I tried syncing both to the Virtual AI module and the military commander together but nothing worked.

5. Is it profiling correctly (If you turn on profile debug does it have a profile icon over the group leader)?

6. Yes.

7. I got questions for you (related to troubleshooting).

1. Do you use RHS?
    2. DO you use RHS's Russians?
    3. Do you use the addon that consolidate RHS's Russian in an "All" Faction?

If you answer yes to everyone of those then your problem was the same as mine. This addon : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27477 cause problems with ALiVE when you attempt to manualy place units and sync them up.

8. I have it but those aren't the units I'm having trouble with. I can't get it to work with any units.
    Do I need to sync them to the AI commander or to the Virtual AI module or both?
    what are the settings that need to be checked for the AI to issue commands for placed units?

9. Sync to the Virtual AI System module, and make sure the setting inside the module is set to "Virtualize all synced units"

10. That makes the unit disappear when I preview the mission.

11. Syncing a unit to the Virtual AI module should not make them disappear unless you go far away from them. Are you saying they show up without them synced and immediately disappear when you do the sync? How strange.

12. Sounds like you've got a bug in your mission setup possibly then. It may be profiling but never un-profiling

13. Ok. So I figured out that the problem is that my player is part of the group. if I create a group that I'm not a part of, there is no problem. But what I want is to be part of a squad which gets orders from the AI. If my player is part of the squad then it doesn't show them when I preview.

14. What kind of orders are you looking to get? Could you just clarify exactly what you're looking for so someone can properly help you?

15. I have a similar question. If I were to have BLU and OPF be AI. And the IND faction Players. But, Make all the IND faction players against each other....like DayZ players (but not DayZ), Can I make the AI Commander give "global", missions? Like a mission for the whole faction to complete where, since there are no friendly AI on IND, you would get para-dropped goods as a reward?

16. Just like any other profiled unit, movement and attacking orders.

17. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

C2ISTAR is all I can think of unless you want to make the opposing side Asymmetric and interrogate civilians to reveal enemy locations.

Experts: Are any kind of tasks ever revealed in any way in a Conventional battle the way they can be revealed in an Assymetric battle via civilians? If so I think this might be what Sarelg is trying to accomplish.

or Sign Up to reply!