CUP Logistics

1. 8 years ago

Alright, this time I made sure there was an issue before posting:

CUP forces can't seem to use their proper vehicles for logistic requests. I ask for helis and get Ghosthawks, I ask for a convoy and it just kind of does nothing. Air-drops are okay, of course, but is there a way to define (through static data) which choppers a faction will use? I'd love to get the right stuff in.....thanks ahead of time!

2. Edited 8 years ago by AUTigerGrad

yes..it's pretty easy. Just create a static data.sqf and then put in the classnames for vehicles you want involved in the reinforcements transport.

I did something similar for my missions using the outstanding British Unit pack from 3CB.

3. I hate to be a bother, but could you give me an example? I'm quite new to this. haha.

4. Yeah, when I get home I'll copy and paste an example.

5. Thank you so much, man. Trying to get a solid experience together for my group. We made the switch to CUP and its taking some selling to some of the guys. Hopefully they'll come around haha.

6. Side note: if you want a large amount of varied troop types of very good quality, try Massi's packs. He has literally every theater of operation you can think of...Middle East, Africa, Eastern Europe, US Spec Ops, Russian Spec Ops, British Spec Ops, Italian Spec Ops, etc.

If you're trying to get away from RHS, I'd recommend giving Massi's unit packs a try if CUP isn't your "Cup of Tea" (that joke was soooo bad).

7. Hahaha, I'll look into it.

8. They're on Steam Workshop, Armaholic, and PW6.

9. Yeah, looking at them now. Are they ALiVE supported....I'd love to get those Russians in there....I'm definitely going to look into it. They look amazing.

10. Edited 8 years ago by AUTigerGrad

They work great with ALiVE. I use them in several missions. His African Conflict mod is probably my favorite unit pack because I love African themed missions on Isla Duala and N'Ziwasogo.

Best of all they play "nicely" with other unit packs, which appears to be a sticking point with RHS.

11. Edited 8 years ago by AUTigerGrad

Ok...here you go... just copy and paste this on to notepad, replace the vanilla classnames with your preferred vehicle classnames, then name it staticdata.sqf. In your init.sqf add this line: execVM "staticData.sqf"

/*
     * Custom transport,support, and ammo classes for factions
     * Used by MP,MCP,ML to place support vehicles and ammo boxes
     * If no faction specific settings are found will fall back to side
     */

/*
     * Mil placement ambient vehicles for sides
     */

waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"};

ALIVE_sideDefaultSupports = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultSupports, "EAST", ["O_Truck_02_Ammo_F","O_Truck_02_box_F","O_Truck_02_fuel_F","O_Truck_02_medical_F","O_Truck_02_transport_F","O_Truck_02_covered_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet; // ,"Box_East_AmmoVeh_F"
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultSupports, "WEST", ["B_Truck_01_ammo_F","B_Truck_01_fuel_F","B_Truck_01_medical_F","B_Truck_01_Repair_F","B_Truck_01_transport_F","B_Truck_01_covered_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet; // ,"Box_IND_AmmoVeh_F"
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultSupports, "GUER", ["I_Truck_02_ammo_F","I_Truck_02_box_F","I_Truck_02_fuel_F","I_Truck_02_medical_F","I_Truck_02_covered_F","I_Truck_02_transport_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultSupports, "CIV", ["C_Van_01_box_F","C_Van_01_transport_F","C_Van_01_fuel_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

/*
     * Mil placement random supply boxes for sides
     */

ALIVE_sideDefaultSupplies = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultSupplies, "EAST", ["Box_East_Ammo_F","Box_East_AmmoOrd_F","Box_East_Grenades_F","Box_East_Support_F","Box_East_Wps_F","Box_East_WpsLaunch_F","Box_East_WpsSpecial_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultSupplies, "WEST", ["Box_NATO_Ammo_F","Box_NATO_AmmoOrd_F","Box_NATO_Grenades_F","Box_NATO_Support_F","Box_NATO_Wps_F","Box_NATO_WpsLaunch_F","Box_NATO_WpsSpecial_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultSupplies, "GUER", ["Box_IND_Ammo_F","Box_IND_AmmoOrd_F","Box_IND_Grenades_F","Box_IND_Support_F","Box_IND_Wps_F","Box_IND_WpsLaunch_F","Box_IND_WpsSpecial_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

/*
     * Mil logistics convoy transport vehicles fallback for sides
     */

ALIVE_sideDefaultTransport = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultTransport, "EAST", ["O_Truck_02_transport_F","O_Truck_02_covered_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultTransport, "WEST", ["B_Truck_01_transport_F","B_Truck_01_covered_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultTransport, "GUER", ["I_Truck_02_covered_F","I_Truck_02_transport_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultTransport, "CIV", ["C_Van_01_transport_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

/*
     * Mil logistics air transport vehicles fallback for sides
     */

ALIVE_sideDefaultAirTransport = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultAirTransport, "EAST", ["O_Heli_Attack_02_F","O_Heli_Light_02_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultAirTransport, "WEST", ["UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_Merlin_RAF_ZJ124","UK3CB_BAF_Wildcat_Transport_RN_ZZ396"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultAirTransport, "GUER", ["I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_F","I_Heli_Transport_02_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultAirTransport, "CIV", []] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

/*
     * Mil logistics airdrop containers fallback for sides
     */

ALIVE_sideDefaultContainers = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultContainers, "EAST", ["ALIVE_O_supplyCrate_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultContainers, "WEST", ["ALIVE_B_supplyCrate_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultContainers, "GUER", ["ALIVE_I_supplyCrate_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultContainers, "CIV", []] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

/*
     * Mil placement ambient vehicles per faction
     */

ALIVE_factionDefaultSupports = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultSupports, "OPF_F", ["O_Truck_03_repair_F","O_Truck_03_ammo_F","O_Truck_03_fuel_F","O_Truck_03_medical_F","O_Truck_02_box_F","O_Truck_02_medical_F","O_Truck_02_Ammo_F","O_Truck_02_fuel_F","O_Truck_02_covered_F","O_Truck_02_transport_F","O_Truck_03_transport_F","O_Truck_03_covered_F","O_Truck_03_device_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet; // ,"Box_East_AmmoVeh_F"
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultSupports, "OPF_G_F", ["O_G_Offroad_01_armed_F","O_G_Van_01_fuel_F","O_G_Van_01_transport_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultSupports, "IND_F", ["I_Truck_02_ammo_F","I_Truck_02_box_F","I_Truck_02_fuel_F","I_Truck_02_medical_F","I_Truck_02_covered_F","I_Truck_02_transport_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet; // ,"Box_IND_AmmoVeh_F"
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultSupports, "BLU_F", ["B_Truck_01_ammo_F","B_Truck_01_fuel_F","B_Truck_01_medical_F","B_Truck_01_Repair_F","B_Truck_01_transport_F","B_Truck_01_covered_F","B_APC_Tracked_01_CRV_F","B_Truck_01_mover_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet; // ,"Box_NATO_AmmoVeh_F"
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultSupports, "BLU_G_F", ["B_G_Van_01_fuel_F","B_G_Van_01_transport_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultSupports, "CIV_F", ["C_Van_01_box_F","C_Van_01_transport_F","C_Van_01_fuel_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

/*
     * Mil placement random supply boxes per faction
     */

ALIVE_factionDefaultSupplies = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultSupplies, "OPF_F", ["Box_East_Ammo_F","Box_East_AmmoOrd_F","Box_East_Grenades_F","Box_East_Support_F","Box_East_Wps_F","Box_East_WpsLaunch_F","Box_East_WpsSpecial_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultSupplies, "OPF_G_F", ["Box_East_Ammo_F","Box_East_AmmoOrd_F","Box_East_Grenades_F","Box_East_Support_F","Box_East_Wps_F","Box_East_WpsLaunch_F","Box_East_WpsSpecial_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultSupplies, "IND_F", ["Box_IND_Ammo_F","Box_IND_AmmoOrd_F","Box_IND_Grenades_F","Box_IND_Support_F","Box_IND_Wps_F","Box_IND_WpsLaunch_F","Box_IND_WpsSpecial_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultSupplies, "BLU_F", ["Box_NATO_Ammo_F","Box_NATO_AmmoOrd_F","Box_NATO_Grenades_F","Box_NATO_Support_F","Box_NATO_Wps_F","Box_NATO_WpsLaunch_F","Box_NATO_WpsSpecial_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultSupplies, "BLU_G_F", ["Box_IND_Ammo_F","Box_IND_AmmoOrd_F","Box_IND_Grenades_F","Box_IND_Support_F","Box_IND_Wps_F","Box_IND_WpsLaunch_F","Box_IND_WpsSpecial_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

/*
     * Mil logistics convoy transport vehicles per faction
     */

ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "OPF_F", ["O_Truck_02_transport_F","O_Truck_02_covered_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "OPF_G_F", ["O_G_Van_01_transport_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "IND_F", ["I_Truck_02_covered_F","I_Truck_02_transport_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "BLU_F", ["B_Truck_01_transport_F","B_Truck_01_covered_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "BLU_G_F", ["B_G_Van_01_transport_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "CIV_F", ["C_Van_01_transport_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

/*
     * Mil logistics air transport vehicles per faction
     */

ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "OPF_F", ["O_Heli_Attack_02_F","O_Heli_Light_02_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "OPF_G_F", ["I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "IND_F", ["I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_F","I_Heli_Transport_02_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "BLU_F", ["UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_Merlin_RAF_ZJ124","UK3CB_BAF_Wildcat_Transport_RN_ZZ396"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "BLU_G_F", ["I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "CIV_F", []] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

/*
     * Mil logistics airdrop containers per faction
     */

ALIVE_factionDefaultContainers = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultContainers, "OPF_F", ["ALIVE_O_supplyCrate_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultContainers, "OPF_G_F", ["ALIVE_O_supplyCrate_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultContainers, "IND_F", ["ALIVE_I_supplyCrate_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultContainers, "BLU_F", ["ALIVE_B_supplyCrate_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultContainers, "BLU_G_F", ["ALIVE_B_supplyCrate_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultContainers, "CIV_F", []] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
  12. Lol, looks like forum formatting screwed it up, try wrapping it with the code tag

13. Yeah that's no good. Like Spyder said, wrap that in [code] your stuff here [/code

And end the bracket.

14. Fixed

15. Very good, thank you!

You wouldn't by chance know how to get asymetric installations spawning weapons properly too, would ya? I can't seem to get any CIVs to arm themselves and what not....thought it might be ACE messing around, but yeah.

Anyway, thanks again!

or Sign Up to reply!