Faction Mapping?

1. 8 years ago

I'm using rhs_faction_vdv in a mission, but would like the CQB and Mil AI Commander to spawn the desert variant of the faction. Is it possible?. The only thing I've came across that seems to suggest an answer is the custom faction mapping and staticData.sqf but I've been unable to get that working, though it's very possible that's just down to user '''poking in the dark'' error. But it would be handy to know if it's even possible and that I'm not just wasting my time trying.

2. Are you still having problems with this? Can you provide more info (ie: errors you get when trying your own static mapping)?

3. I'm not actually getting any errors, it just seems to be ignoring it. From the the ALiVE wiki I copy and paste the init.sqf section into my own init.sqf (directing it to the correct location of my staticData.sqf) and for the staticData.sqf I use maquez [Q-Net]'s example of rhs_faction_vdv from his staticData.sqf found here (http://alivemod.com/forum/1665-alive-staticdata-sqf-for-rhs-v0-4-0-1/0) but replacing the class names of the ''infantry'' with just the _des alternatives from the editor. When I run the mission, it spawns a selection of the various vdv infantry unit types, the same as it does without calling for the staticData.sqf in the init.sqf. Hopefully it's just a case of me not knowing what I'm doing, rather than it's not possible as I can fix not knowing.

4. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

If you aren't already, you must execute
    waitUntil {!isnil "ALIVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED_TRUE"}
    At the top of your static data overriding file

5. Edited 8 years ago by N0FG

It feels like I'm trying to wash a floor while wearing dirty shoes.

I created a new mission, the only things in the mission are a playable unit, ALiVE required, Virtual AI system, Mil AI commander, Mil Placement (civ obj), Mil Placement (mil obj), CQB module and a TAOR marker. The civ + mil objs and the CQB modules are linked to the commander. In the mission folder there is the mission.sqf, init.sqf and the staticData.sqf (not in a folder).....

This is the init.sqf

if (isServer || isDedicated) then {
    ["MISSION INIT - Waiting"] call ALIVE_fnc_dump;

waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"};

["MISSION INIT - Continue"] call ALIVE_fnc_dump;

call compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "staticData.sqf");

};

This is the staticdata.sqf

staticData.sqf

The only thing I've changed is the infantry section, by deleting the contents below and replacing them with the _des alternative, though I'm wondering why they weren't included in the version below. The default rhs_faction_vdv spawn a selection of the four variations of units, including the random _des unit here and there.

original version infantry

I tried _TRUE, put the data.sqf in a script folder and a few variations, but it's always the same result. Plus I'm thinking, even if I got the infantry part working, would the vehicles be populated with usual default troops?

6. Are you trying to use the StaticData.sqf Maquez made for RHS/ALiVE compatibilty? This thread is way over my head, so sorry if this is irrelevant, but I do remember reading Tupolov saying it wasn't working properly. Maquez has been having health issues and isn't supporting any of his work anymore.

7. Edited 8 years ago by N0FG

It's well over my head too, but sometimes it's good to just jump in!. The only reason I'm using Maquez sqf is because it's the only deconstructed version I can find online. Originally, I thought I needed to use the example in the ALiVE wiki, change the name to the desert variant and force the new faction in the module like rhs_faction_usarmy_d. Using the class name from the editor rhs_faction_vdv_des seemed to be an obvious choice, but of course that would be too easy. When I saw Marquez's version I figured I needed to force the same rhs_faction_vdv in the module but change it's contents in the staticData.sqf (like in the pastebin link) , but of course that would be too easy too lol. It was at this point I decided it would be a good idea to ask people that might know, just in case it wasn't actually possible or I was missing an obvious step in the process.

8. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yeah hopefully you can find your answer or the kind Devs here can convince the RHS team to change their ways. :)

I just seemed to recall Maquez's file breaking due to a BIS update but I also could be remembering it all wrong. Lol

9. or the kind Devs here can convince the RHS team to change their ways. :)

Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen :(

There were some issues with Maquez's static data file that were fixed before implementing into ALiVE.

or Sign Up to reply!